Stay Til The End

Haku looked so lifeless as he stood in front of Kakashi. He grabbed onto Kakashi's wrist and twisted it as it was still pressed against him. He protected Zabuza from Kakashi's attack. He used himself as a shield, but he was delicate as the mirror he was able to create.

"Z-Zabu-za..." Haku muttered weakly.

"I guess you were wrong, Kakashi." Zabuza said, smirking underneath his bandages, "Well done, Haku."

"This boy sacrificed his life for your pathetic one." Kakashi said, narrowing his uncovered eye at Zabuza. He was angry at Zabuza who didn't seem to care that this boy had just thrown his life away to protect Zabuza's life; it sickened him. Unexpectedly, Zabuza lifted up his Kubikiribōchō and was ready to strike Kakashi; not really caring that Haku was in the way. Kakashi's eyes widened.

"Kakashi-sensei!" Kagome, Naruto, and Sakura shouted. Kakashi quickly grabbed Haku and jumped out of the way of the attack. He looked to the corner of his eyes and noticed that Naruto, Kagome, and Sasuke were about to head towards him.

"Stay out of this!" Kakashi commanded them. The three stopped in their tracks as they watched Kakashi carefully lay Haku down. Then he placed his hand over Haku's eyes and slowly shut them. He could feel Haku's muscles finally relax from the shock. Kakashi stood up and glared at Zabuza with hatred in his eyes.

"Let's finish this." Kakashi said.

"You took the words right out of my mouth." Zabuza said as he lift his blade in front of him. Kakashi took out his kunai and went straight towards Zabuza. The young genins wanted to help, but their sensei told them to stay out of it. They watched their sensei fight against Zabuza. They knew that they couldn't help Kakashi in this fight.

"I'd stay focused if I were you, Kakashi!" Zabuza yelled as he swung his blade towards Kakashi. But he reacted quicker than Zabuza and tried to hit him with his kunai which made Zabuza reel back.

How come I can't keep up with him? Zabuza thought in anger. Then Kakashi nicked his cheek with his kunai, which drew blood and made him spin to the side. His blade scraped the ground as he twisted his body around in order to regain his balance. He started to grow weak, panting slightly.

"I'LL SPLIT YOU IN HALF!" Zabuza yelled as he rushed towards Kakashi and swung his blade at him. But Kakashi easily dodged his swing by stepping back. Then he swung his blade vertically to cut him once more. It dented the ground when Kakashi disappeared from his view. Zabuza's eyes widened when he felt something pressing against the back of his neck. Kakashi was behind him, holding Zabuza's neck in a vice grip with his fingers.

"Look at yourself...falling apart. I knew you wouldn't be able to handle the long haul. You don't know what the true meaning of strength is." Kakashi scolded Zabuza with anger and disappointment in his voice. Kakashi was truly indeed disappointed in Zabuza. He knew that people like Zabuza didn't have true strength.

Zabuza growled lowly at Kakashi's words. He didn't care about how Kakashi viewed his strength. Suddenly, Kakashi stabbed two kunai knives into Zabuza's arms, rendering them useless. Then Kakashi took out two more kunai out of his bag and started twirling them.

"You lose." Kakashi declared as he brought down his two kunais. At the same time, Zabuza twisted his body around and swung his blade to cut off Kakashi's head. But Kakashi was able to stab the two kunai into Zabuza's other arm before he was able to dodge the upcoming swing. Zabuza's blade fell from his grip and skid a few feet away from his reach since he could no longer hold it because Kakashi had damaged his arms.

"What will you do now, Zabuza? Both of your arms are useless, so you can't even make hand signs." Kakashi asked. Kagome could easily tell that Kakashi was provoking Zabuza. It seem to have done the trick. She heard Zabuza growl and was about launch towards him, even though he couldn't fight with his arms. Then they heard the sound of someone tapping a cane on the sidelines. Everyone looked towards the direction of where the newcomer is.