Chapter 4

I slammed my fork down, snarled, and walked outside. My brother and my father's ryders looked surprised at what I had done. I looked around trying to find something to get my mind off of what my brother said. Three men walked in to the food tent talking to each other. A dragon blacker than night with golden eyes stared at me as if trying to figure me out. I walked over to it and held my hand out for it to sniff. It scooted closer to me and I snuggled into its warm scales. He rapped around me so no one could see me and I fell asleep. The dragon fell asleep too but before I was fully out I seen Pierce, Hunter, Era, Eva, Fang, Veles, Vane, Minka, Landon, Jagger, Diesel, Jinx, Freya, Gael, Draco, Ryu, Somial, and some unknown dragons lay around us like a nest.

Jaxson' s P.O.V.

"How is the engaged life, sis?" I asked being a smartass. Victoria slammed her fork, snarled, and stormed outside. I was surprised she did that, I knew she didn't like having an arranged marriage but she never acted like that. Axel stormed over obviously pissed off as three guys walked in.

"Out of all the things you could say to Vic you chose to bring up Leo? Leo! Damn, even I know she hates him and she's your twin and you bring it up." I was surprised at his sudden outburst too. He never talked to anyone but my father even then it was short and respectful. What surprised me the most was him calling her Vic? It seems as while I was gone they had got close.

"I was joking. I didn't realize how much it still affected her. If I did I wouldn't have bring up the damned marriage." I said.

"Sure she sees him the same way but we all hate Leo. So let's sit down and finish this meal." Amber said frowning at me. She was one of the few female ryders that aren't sluts and my twin's friend. It surprised me how they were both standing up for her. Everyone seemed on edge but it could be because the elder dragon was here.

"Kyle, Cole there you are." One of the three guys that walked in yelled. Cole waved them over and smiled. They took seats by the elder dragon ryders. "What was it you called us here for?"

"Beside the fact you are already supposed to be coming. I wanted you to see a ryder that has yet to meet their dragon. I know they are a ryder though because of the style in which they ryde Era. I think you'll be most impressed."

"Where is this ryder that is so impressive?" The oldest looking one asked. Everyone else continued to eat. Cole and Kyle stood so did the elder ryders and the three that just joined us. I and my father's ryders followed behind them.

"The ryder they are talking about, Vic took off out here a few minutes ago. Now if you don't mind telling us your names." Gavin said to the new comers.

"My name is Brett, this is Seth and Ryker." The oldest one said. Axel smiled.

"My name is Jaxson. This is Amber, Elliot, Felix, Mason, Collin, Luke, Gavin, and Axel. Our dragons would have followed Vic. They are about as loyal to Vic as they are to us." I said. Jagger are you with Victoria? I asked through our link. I am with her do not worry she's safe with us. He said, sleep coated his voice.

"They're all with Vic and Draco told us not to look for them because Vic is asleep." Collin told us before I could ask who they was. Axel smiled and put his arm around Amber.

"That means it's time to get some sleep. If Draco says they're fine then they are. Vic is probably pissed and wants to be left alone." Amber said and my father's ryders nodded.

"What if Vic gets hurt shouldn't we go find her?" I asked. It caused Luke to laugh though. I look at him like he's was crazy.

"Do you really think that Vic will get hurt with Hunter and Pierce there? They are both the first off springs of the Elder dragons. They is also 11 or 12 more with Vic." Luke said looking highly amused. I shook my head.

"I think the girl is right we should all be getting some sleep. Your dragons and ryder will come back soon." Vence said. Everyone turned and made their way to their tents so I did the same.

~8 1/2 hours later~

I was woken by the roar of dragons. I hurried out of the tent and seen a lot of other people. It was hard to find my group of friends. But once I did I seen Brett, Seth, Cole, Kyle, Ryker, Vence, Edgar, and Dexter was with them.

"What's going on?" I asked once I reached them. They all looked in deep thought.

"No one knows were the roar came from. It seems to belong to a more dominant dragon or dragons." Vence said. The sky lit up with flames of different colors before being jointed by 14 dragons with regular flames. The flames didn't stop but a single ryder jumped from one dragon to another. When the ryder stood on the tail of a dragon I knew who it was.