05| Guard Lesson

Kibwe•

The next morning, I snap open my hazel eyes with a yawn. My parents are asleep peacefully beside me. I walk out of our small den and into the morning sun. I scan my eyes over the lands, many animals passing by and beginning their day. It's so amazing living in a place where there is so much peace and happiness.

"Kibwe?" My mom's soft voice asked. I looked up with a smile.

"Morning mom!" I brush against her front legs purring. She hug me with her large paw.

"Since you and your father have a very busy day today, I'm heading out to hunt breakfast. Wake him for me won't you?" She smiled down at me and heads out into the grassy plains.

I ran into the cave and pounce on my dad's back.

"Dad! Dad! Wake up!" I say, shaking him.

He snored loudly. Drool was dropping out of his mouth.

"Eww, gross dad! Wake up!" I say again, shaking him harder.

He roll oh his side with a grunt.

"Five more minutes, son..." He said sleepily. I rolled my eyes.

I plopped down next to him and waited patiently for my mom's return.

_________

a while later...

"Alright son, ready to go?" Dad asked. Our bellies were both full the of wildebeest mom had caught.

I nod. "Yeah let's go!"

"Perfect. Arielle, we'll be back sometime this afternoon or late evening. Be sure to visit Pride Rock if you get a bit lonely."

Mom giggled and licked his cheek and nuzzled him warmly. "I'll be sure to take you up on that. Have fun you two!"

"Bye mom!" I waved my paw, and me and my dad entered the tall green grass.

In the distance, I could see Pride Rock standing tall. Birds were swooping high above in the air, singing their morning song. Everything was so green and full of life.

We made it to a large and open place, a bit far from Pride Rock, where a cheetah, large hippo, bird, and a honey badger stand. They all turn around as we arrive in front of them.

"Goodmorning Kion." They say in sync. I stand close beside my dad.

"Goodmorning everyone. I've bought someone very special with me today. Kibwe?" My dad greeted, and then looked down at me. I emerged from behind his legs.

"H-hi," I waved my paw shyly.

"Ah, little Kibwe." The cheetah said.

"You know me?" I asked, surprised.

"Yeah, we all do. Your father let us meet you when you were first born not too long ago. You were so small!"

"Wow, is that true dad?" He nods.

"My name is Fuli," The female cheetah introduce herself, placing her paw on her furry chest.