12| Playing Hard To Get

•Kibwe•

"Where did those two go? I swear they were here just a second ago.." Nama said, laying down underneath a shady tree.

I stopped grooming myself. "Who knows. Those two crazy kids are so in love and they don't even realize it yet."

She laughed. "Hah, you might be right."

"Hey guys. Sorry I took so long." I twitched my left ear as Lana walked back up with Pride Rock, Leo leaving her side and speaking to his father. Thank the Great Kings he wasn't late for his lessons this time!

"It's okay. This big lug here kept me company!" Nama playfully messed up my mane.

"Hey!" I groaned, fixing it back while they laughed. "Anyways, what were you two doing out there all alone?" I smirked.

"Oh just talking that's all." Lana answered.

I lifted a brow, "Mmhmm, sureeee."

"I'm being honest." She held her paws up in defense. "What about you though? I'm sure there's a certain lioness here who's sure to have caught your eye."

"Pssshh please. Right now my main focus is becoming the next Lion Guard. I don't need any distractions."

"Okay okay, I believe you." She said, laying down.

I got up and stretched out my legs, shaking out my light fur.

"Speaking of the Lion Guard, I have to go meet up with my dad about my new lesson. I'll catch you guys later."

"Okay!" They waved.

I walked down Pride Rock and began taking a shortcut to the place where Dad and I always meet up. In a small but open field, I saw dad's tall broad shadow standing atop a large and grassy hill, soft winds blowing his fully grown mane all over the place while his back was turned against me.

I smirked and put my belly low in the grass, slowly stalking towards him.

Since he isn't paying attention, now might be the perfect time for a little sneak attack!

Once close enough, I jumped out with a loud roar. His ear twitched as he quickly dodged me, sending me flying into the ground.

"Hah, you've got to be a bit more quieter than that son." He stood above me with a smirk.

"Ugh, this is the second time today. How'd you know it was me anyway? I could've been some rouge.." I questioned.

He chuckled. "I know my son, and trust me, a rouge would never get past these borders with me on the watch."

"Okay okay, I get it." I got up, shaking out my mane and fur once more.

He began walking down the hill. "That's also exactly what I wanted to teach you today. Your sneaking and tackling skills. You posses a decent amount of strength, but your quietness and rush to attack your opponent head on is sorely lacking."

I nodded. We sat at the bottom of the hill, and dad took a seat next to me.