11| Talks

•Leo•

"Whew, we finally made it back." I said, panting heavily.

"Yeah. Now let's go before you get into even more trouble."

I rolled my eyes playfully and slowly walked into the den.

"Father?" I called.

He shifted his green eyes towards me and stood up straight.

"Well, look who showed up on time for their lessons, and I see you bought Kibwe with you." He said in a hardened tone. I looked down, scuffling with my paws nervously.

"Leo, this is your second time missing your King lessons this week. I understand that you want to spend time with your friends, but your lessons are you're main priority."

"I know..."

"One day I won't be here and this kingdom will be yours to rule. I need you to carry on in my place. You are part of the Great-"

I rolled my eyes. "Circle of Life yeah yeah I know. We've been over this speech one thousand times dad."

"Well start behaving that way and come to your lessons on time. A King is never late or tardy, understand?"

"Alright..."

He grinned and stood up. "You two are free to go for now, but Leo I want you back here a bit later for your new lesson."

"Okay thanks dad!"

"On time.." He added.

I nodded. "Got it..."

We all walked out of the den, when just on que mother and the other lionesses walked up carrying a large zebra.

"Ooh boy food!" Kibwe said happily, swishing his tail. I chuckled and stayed behind as her ran towards his mother, when my sister Nama ran up to me excitedly.

"Guess what Leo? Ashia actually let us make the kill today!"

"Wow really?"

"Yeah. At first she thought we weren't ready, but she gave us an opportunity and we pulled it off. Although we still have a loonnngg way to go before we get to be apart of the hunting party."

"That's amazing! I proud of ya little sis!" I said, hugging her tightly.

"Actually, you should thank Lana. She had the most strength when she tackled the zebra down."

I lifted a brow. "Dang, well now I know not to get on her bad side!"

She laughed lightly. "Hey Lana, come here! My brother won't stop gushing about you!"

My green eyes bulged and I blushed red,  "Nama! You can't say things like that!"

A slender, but short lioness approached the scene. Her chestnut fur shined bright in the afternoon sun, eyes the warmest shade of hazel, nose a purplish- plum color, and the fitness of a well practiced hunter. Man, Lana grew up beautifully!