38| Advice From The Great Kings

Author's Note: This is my third update of the day guys, woahhh! I'm probably blowing you guys' notifications up but I literally cannot stop writing right now. After every chapter a new idea seems to pop into my head😌. More will be coming today hopefully, so I hope you all enjoy!!❤️ you are welcome by the way hehe😆

-:-

•Kovu•

I stood atop the highest point at Pride Rock, the sun moving from behind a tall mountain in the distance and revealing my face from the shadows. My emerald green eyes scanned across the kingdom, looking out for any signs of danger.

My body was sore and tired, my once nice and full looking mane was now rough and messy, and my faith in myself was shrinking and becoming short. This entire week we have continued searching and looking for any clues as to where these sneaky hyenas could have gone, but once again we've hit rock bottom.

A tear managed to slip from my eye and spill on the rough pavement. I thought I had what it takes to be a King, but I guess not. My legacy is soon going to come to a close. The crown will be passed down to my son. I feel as if I have done all I can and can't do anything anymore.

"I'm sorry Kiara. I'm sorry Simba, Nala,  Mufasa, Sarabi. I have failed you.." I said, looking down at my paws.

Strong winds began to blow. They sky began to turn a bit dark, almost grey. Through the thick clouds I could see a bright white light shining. A large and ghostly head appeared. My eyes bulged as I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

"S-Simba?" I stuttered.

His deep voice chuckled. "Hello Kovu. It's been so long since we've last spoken to one another. You seem to be having some deep thoughts right now. What's wrong?"

I sighed, looking at my paws. "Simba, I can't do this anymore. I have lost all hope and faith. I thought becoming a King would be a breeze, but I was so wrong. This is taking a huge toll on me."

"Kovu."

I looked up at him.

"You have not failed. I am incredibly proud of the amazing King that you have become. All those years ago when I was teaching you, I told you that being a King wouldn't be so easy. It comes along with determination and hope in yourself. Right now, you're going through a small bump and that's totally okay. Things happen."

"But Simba, you don't understand."

"As a matter of fact I do.." His voice intimidated me. "Back when I first became King, I had some serious doubts and worries too. Nothing went perfectly fine like most lions think. Being apart of the royal family is great but it also comes with some issues. Everyone looks at you in a certain way. Kovu, you are a good King. I can already see the future you know, so something IS coming soon, but that will be up to you to handle and figure out."

He continued. "You and Kiara have both made me so proud. You have proven your worthiness as King and Queen of Pride Rock. Not only that, my grandchildren have been raised right and have bright futures ahead of them."

I smiled at the thought, but then flashed back to Kiara and how I snapped at her the other day. We haven't been on good terms since.

"If I was alive right now I would have definitely pinned you for yelling at my daughter..." He said jokingly. I looked up at the sky in fear.

He chuckled. "I'm just messing with you Kovu. Trust yourself and trust me. Everything will fall back into place on it's right timing. Me and the other Great Kings will always be here to guide you. Goodbye! We will see eachother again soon, Kovu!"

His ghost head was slowly disappearing. "Simba, wait! Don't go!"

In a flash he was gone. The sky returned to it's bright blue afternoon color, the white clouds turning back to normal. I closed my eyes, thinking.

Trust myself.... I am a Great King. I do have what it takes. I am not a failure.

With that I let out a loud roar that stretched across the savannah. I smiled to myself, feeling better and happy.

"That was one mighty roar..." A voice said from behind me. I twitched my ears and noticed my gorgeous wife walking forward.

"Yeah. It was something."

She came and sat close beside me, the both of us staring at our kingdom. I sighed and look down at her, apologetically.

"Kiara?"

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry for how I acted the other day towards you. I was feeling so upset and confused. Reality seemed to get the best of me again. In no way did I mean to hurt you like that."

She shook her head. "No Kovu, I'm sorry. I was the one who was trying to calm you down when you were clearly heated and needed your space. I felt as if I wasn't being as supportive as you wanted me to be."

I nuzzled her. "No, you have been more than supportive to me. As a mother, wife and Queen, you have been doing everything right. I truly love and appreciate you for standing by me through all these years, not once have I even thought about leaving your side. Having such a huge roll in the Circle of Life is still overwhelming to me. I just felt as if at certain times we have to accept the fact that not everything is okay. We are going to have struggles and problems to face. So no, don't even apologize. It's my fault.."

"Nothing is all on you, dear. Don't forget you have a huge family and support system behind you. You're not alone during any of this. My parents are probably up there celebrating how much we've both come and grown since we were young. So don't ever think you have no one, because you have me."

I stared lovingly at Kiara, my love for her goes through the roof more and more everyday. Flashing back to our past and how we came together still is mind boggling. Without her I would've never made it this far. She's my guiding light.

She place her head underneath my chin with a soft purr. I nuzzled her back and kissed her forehead.

I do have what it takes after all....