34| Truce

•Leo•

Returning home with father at my side, we both made our way back to Pride Rock. I joined him on patrol this afternoon to assist with the hyena problems occurring. We've smelled their strong scents and saw some paw prints near the borders. They seem to be trying to grasp our attention and are definitely getting us on edge.

Uncle Kion approached us at the bottom of Pride Rock, exiting the small cave underneath it that now him and Arielle stay in, due to her now being pregnant.

"Anything new?" He asked in a concern tone.

Father shrug his shoulders with a sigh. "Nothing new today. Runa and her clan definitely mean business this time.."

I shift my eyes towards him. "Don't worry, Dad. Have some faith. Our lions are ten times stronger then their clan combined. They wouldn't dare try us."

Uncle Kion smirked at me. "Well, look who's starting to sound like a true King!"

"Oh." I chuckled. "I've had a great teacher."

Father chuckled as well, ruffling my mane with his larger paw. Some strands of my reddish brown mane got into my eyes.

"Why don't we go and rest up? It's been a long day, don't you think? I'll get back on this later tonight with Zazu." Father suggested.

I nodded. Uncle Kion re-entered his small den, while we both climbed up the rocky steps and entered the den. Inside we heard multiple voices. Father entered first and I followed behind him, seeing my mother talking to Tau and Nama.

I roll my eyes at Tau, and shift my eyes away from Nama in the process.

"Yay, you both are back!" Mother cheered, standing up and nuzzling the both of us.

"Yes, we are." Father glanced around the cave, looking at all of us.

"Since were all here, I feel as if we should have a discussion as a family. Tau, would you mind exiting the cave for a while?" He asked politely.

He shuffled awkwardly beside Nama before standing up and exiting calmly. She watched after him.

"Is everything okay? What's going on?" Nama asked in a sort of upset tone.

"Nothing at all, just discussing some things." He said.

Mother eyed us as well. "Look at you both, my beautiful children. You've both grown so much since cubhood. You father and I are so proud of the both of you."

"Thanks Mom.." Nama and I answered in sync, blushing and looking at our paws.

"Things are definitely going to be changing around here, from royal titles to new generations beginning. I feel as if it's time we let go of certain things. Leo, I think maybe you and Tau should have a talk about some things. You both haven't been on such good terms since he and his sister arrived." Father stated, eying me suspiciously.

"Honey, do you remember all of those stories I used to tell you when you were little? About how your father and I came together as one and about your grandparents?" Mother asked.

"Oh yeah! I loved those stories!!" Nama chimed in with a big smile.

"Your grandfather Simba acted this same way in the past. He was very concerned about us being together, but once he got to know your father he let his guard down."

"Exactly son. We must learn to let go of the past and move on. Tau and Hadiya have both been living here for months now. They are both good lions. Getting to know them wouldn't be such a bad thing."

I looked around at all of them. Mother had her eyebrows raised with a small smirk, Father glanced at mother and gave the same look, and Nama with a small glint of hope in her eyes. I looked at my paws in shame.

I have been acting out lately ever since Tau and Hadiya have arrived. I just wasn't used to so many changes or new lions joining our pride. I have to start learning to accept things like this, especially since I'll be becoming King soon.

"You're right, all of you. I apologize. I'll go and speak with him now." I said, standing up.

Mother and father both smiled, while Nama ran up and hugged me tightly.

"Oh thank you so much Leo for being the greatest big brother ever!"

I chuckled, hugging her back. "No problem, sis."

I then walked out of the den, seeing Tau standing and listening closely. He jumped once he saw me coming. I lifted a brow at him.

"I totally wasn't listening, hahaha." He scratched behind his neck nervously.

I brushed past him with a light chuckle. He looked behind me confused as I walked to the highest peak of Pride Rock.

"Are you going to follow me or what?" I questioned, turning my body half way around.

"Oh, uh.." He picked up his walking pace and followed behind me.

Once we reached the top, I sat down and began looking into the wide kingdom. He sat next to me as well, tension radiating from his body.

"Relax man. I'm not here to fight with you. I'm here to make ammends."

"What?" He asked surprised.

"Listen, I know you and I haven't always been on the same page about things. I want to make things right. There's no point of ignoring each other."

He loosened up a bit and listened to me.

"Before you and Hadiya came along, it was always Nama and I, two siblings against the world. We had fun together, laughed and teased one another. When you both arrived, it sort of caused us to drift apart. All she wanted to do was hang with the both of you. I felt replaced I guess you could say. That's why I was so unfair towards you. The bond my sister and I share can never be replaced, and especially since I'm her older brother it's my duty to protect her."

I felt Tau place his paw on my shoulder. "No man, it's my fault for hurting you guys strong sibling bond. If you would've talked to me about this sooner then maybe we could've already been fixed things. I feel the same way about my sister too, Hadiya means everything to me and we are inseparable."

I smiled. "It's not a problem, just please take good care of my sister."

"I promise you that. Nothing will happen to her on my watch, your future royal majesty." He bowed.

"Thank you." I greeted back jokingly.

We talked more about so many things, even Tau's past and pride.

Maybe he isn't so bad after all....