39| A Surprise Reunion

•No One•

The hot and boiling sun began to set behind the tall and harsh mountain ranges in the distance. Orange, purple, and pink strokes of color coated the sky like a fresh paint canvas. Evening winds blew about, cooling off the savannah from the hotness of the afternoon heat.

At Pride Rock, the entire Pride was feasting on two large zebras that were bought home for dinner. After weeks of searching and hitting rock bottom with no traces of the hyenas, King Kovu decided to give the lions a break. They've all been working extremely hard but nothing has come up. However, they are not letting their guard down one bit. Hyenas may be the lions enemy, but they still must be respected since they are apart of the Circle of Life.

Laying on a tall and sandy stone underneath a tree, Princess Nama was grooming her paws and face clean after her meal. Her boyfriend, Tau, was currently feasting with the others, since the royals tend to eat first. Her rough pink tongue was licking and smoothing her tannish fur clean. Hearing paw steps approaching her, she looked up seeing Lana come forward with a huge grin on her face.

"Hey there Nama!" She greeted her with a head bud.

"Well someone looks happy! Hey Lana. What's up?" Nama asked curiously.

Lana sat down in front of her. "Okay, so I was just speaking to my mother and your mother. They were asking me when did I want to start planning the big royal wedding?"

Nama gasped happily, hugging Lana. "Oh my gosh, that's so exciting! I am so happy for you and my brother both, honestly! You've brought so much light and positivity in his life along with mine and my family. I am so glad that you're his future bride!"

"Awwww!" A tear slipped from Lana's eye. "You are just so sweet and kindhearted like your mother. If I had a choice my wedding would be a bit smaller with just close friends and family. Since it's apart of the royal tradition though, I'll do it."

Nama shook her head. "Nonsense, Lana. You can speak to my mother about it if you want to and make some changes. I'm sure she and my father will understand."

"Okay, thank you." She smiled.

The both of the continued to gossip and talk excitedly some more, before Tau was finally finished eating. He burped loudly which caused Lana to scream "eww" while Nama giggled quietly at her mate's playful actions.

"My apologies Lana." Tau said to her with a small chuckle.

She rolled her hazel eyes with a chuckle as well. "That's quite alright. I'll just leave you two lovebirds alone."

Lana left the scene and walked back in front of Pride Rock. Tau was quickly grooming himself, as if he was rushing. Nama noticed and laughed loudly.

"Woah tiger, what's the huge rush?" She eyed him.

"Oh uh I'm sorry, but there's just somewhere really special I want to take you before the day ends. I kind of have a surprise for you said happily, reassuring her.

"You have a surprise for me?" She hopped off the rock and rubbed her soft nose against his cheek. "How sweet of you.."

He smiled and blushed a deep red. "Yeah yeah, I think we should go and ask your parents before we head out, just incase they begin to worry about our absence."