chapter seven

Indira glanced warily at the red brick walls of the San José catholic school for girls; her new world, she sighed. 

Bright flowers outlined the walk way and a long wide corridor led the way into the grand building. Jessica seemed okay with everything, she even went as far as proceeding into the building without her. She glanced down at her uniform-a black and white pinafore. 

           She felt strange, almost naked; she'd never worn anything like this before and she's beginning to miss her school back in Las Vegas where you could wear anything you want and a t-shirt and jeans had been her coolest outfit. 

Indira sucked in her disappointment and marched into the building. It wasn't hard locating class. She eased her bag down and sat on the nearest empty seat in a class of about fifteen she roughly estimated. 

Jessica sat at the far end of the room; it's what she'd always done. 

''the teacher won't focus on me that much.'' She would always say.

             Olivia scanned the large sketch pad page by page. The past few days had been exhausting, she didn't want to slack off this time and risk been toppled by casa Gabriela. She'd put in too much effort to back down now. 

These could well be the most crucial moments for casa olivina and she ought to do this in other to gain more clients and to keep the ones she already has. 

Olivia smacked her hand on the sketch book desperately. 

      ''this is not it.'' She said desperately. ''this isn't what I want. Come on people, is this all you can give me? These designs are dull and tacky therefore they are unsuitable for the romance collection. I want something that spells out attraction, a dress that makes one stand out-shiny, sensuous, love.'' Olivia glanced back and forth at their rabbit faces. ''now, I want you all to sit back and give me romance.'' She said but the designers hesitated. 

      ''come on people.'' Niki the assistant head designer urged clapping his hand ''you heard the boss let's get to work.'' He shooed.

       Niki walked Olivia out. 

       ''I think you should get some rest Olivia.'' He suggested taking her hand. 

        ''stop doing that.'' She countered, referring to his hand holding. ''people might think otherwise.'' 

      ''that must be a joke right? They must be blind or something to insinuate something like that.'' 

     ''you're so confident.'' She dropped smilingly. 

    ''that's cause I have nothing to hide. Or do you have something to hide? Maybe you fancy me.'' He grinned sheepishly. 

    ''niki!'' she exclaimed pocking him with her grab. 

And as they neared her office, the secretary reported. 

    ''ma'am your husband is waiting for you in your office.'' 

    ''thanks Ava.'' 

     ''oh I sense some romance in the air.'' Niki teased in a singsong voice. Olivia blushed then put on a hearty smile. ''I should go on, I'll keep you updated on the designs.'' He gave her a peck before leaving. 

     Olivia pushed open the door to her, feeling blessed at the sight of the man behind her huge mahogany desk. Manuel was breath taking as always with his black hair styled to enhance his boyish looks. He got on his feet and walked up to her across the desk with a warm smile curved on his lips and handed her a bouquet of lilies.