chapter eight

Taking Manuel's word for it, Olivia took the day cancelling all of her appointments for the day-a day with Manuel is worth cancelling one's business schedule for. 

The restaurant was just thirteen minutes ride from the fashion house. 

       Manuel led her into the elegant and cozy restaurante de Santana there wasn't much guests she noticed and the restaurant was relatively romantic. Each couple was given privacy in a nicely shielded cubicle; theirs was just at the far end of the room and they were ushered by a waiter in a neat black and white shirt and pants. 

       Olivia excused herself to go the rest room leaving Manuel to make the order for her. 

     Few minutes later, she dabbed at her face with talcum powder and wiped off the excessive mascara she glossed her lips and stared at her reflection in the large rectangular wall mirror. 

Who would've thought that a day like this would come-for someone like her, it would've been hard to believe. 

       Now here she was married to the most gorgeous, kindhearted man on earth who loves her more than anything else in the world, who treats her like a queen and made her smile whenever she was sad. She didn't want to ruin this blissful union by bringing her daughter into the picture for she didn't know how Manuel would react; would he see her as his own? But as his wife, shouldn't she know her husband by now to expect him to understand and accept the girl? 

She glanced at herself one more time before going out. She skimmed through her bag for her ringing cellphone while hurrying back to the table where Manuel was waiting. 

Her bag dropped as she bumped into a man in an elegant suit, spilling its content on the tiled floor. Quickly, the man scrounged to gather her things and so did she all the while murmuring how sorry she is. 

       ''that was clumsy of me...'' if she was going to say anything more, she couldn't because she suddenly felt her throat dry and her voice seemed to betray her. 

She stared into that familiar face like she'd seen a ghost. She suddenly went pale and her stomach knotted as she stood rooted to the ground like some mannequin. 

      Finally, he handed the purse to her with a dark smile and he greeted her with familiarity. 

     ''hi Olivia.'' She clutched her purse tightly and raced off seeking to be as far away from him as possible. 

Her heart was racing fast and she found herself short of breath. She leaned against the wall few steps from Manuel to catch her breath and calm her nerves. 

     Bernardo elizondo. Damn bastard! She thought, her chest heaving from the impact. How dare he? 

But he's been out of your life for over eighteen years a voice in her head prompted. But why does it seem like she's affected by him right now? Or maybe it's because she felt guilty of not being able to tell Manuel about it or it's just that he might see her differently because of her past life. 

     Perhaps she should just tell him and be rid of bernardo elizondo once and for all. 

Manuel didn't deserve to be lied to this way. 

     Olivia took a deep breath and then walked Manuel in slow, steady steps. A gentleman that he is, Manuel out a chair for her. 

      ''are you okay?'' he asked noting the lines on her fore head. 

      ''I'm fine.'' She replied grimly knowing that it was a lie. 

      ''I ordered your favorite, patatas bravas.'' He smiled and poured her a glass of orujo. 

My Promise To Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें