1 - A broken heart.

Warning: before you start reading just know, a few chapters of this book are missing due to my dumbass accidentally deleting them. If you'd like to continue reading that's up to you but it will become frustrating. But I Will fix these chapters and put them back up. Just bare with me guys!!!

Vanessa - 🌻

"And welcoming the lead singer of the music club, Vanessa Adams!"

Okay Van, this is your time to shine. Go out there and make all there fucking jaws drop.

I gnaw on my bottom lip, not because I had to face all the seniors, no, but because the song I was about to sing was personal. A song I wrote especially for a dickwad that broke my heart.

Now why? Oh why did I choose to sing this song instead of another one? Well, I wanted him to know exactly what my thoughts were. I want him to feel guilty, and ashamed of his actions. I want him to watch me sing it without a care.

Though, I was afraid of what would happen to me up there. It's different.. singing in my room alone and practising different cords and tunes.

This time it's in front of my whole school. I wasn't sure if I was prepared for it or not.

Gulping, I stare down at my attire and I curse myself for being so stupid. I mean it was hot and suited the song I was about to sing but maybe it was just a little bit too short.

It did end almost right underneath my damn ass cheeks. Now not to be cocky or arrogant, but I'm a woman with a blessed figure and the boys out there are in for a fucking hard on once I walk onto that stage.

I sighed, running a hand through my pin straight black hair before putting a fierce smirk on my face and strutting out onto the stage in my stilettos.

Bianca, the girl who called me out and also the dance's committee smiles at me. I send her a fake polite smile back. Don't look at me like I'm your friend bitch. I know exactly what you say about me behind my back.

I snatch the mic off her and turn towards the crowd of teens, grinning down at them.

"Who's ready for some music that isn't coming from an audio tape?" I ask and they all cheer literally for no reason. I roll my eyes and place the microphone onto its stand. "Alright everybody, grab your dates and hold them tight. Shits about to get slow." I say.

I ignore the tug in my heart as they shuffle around, holding onto each other.

"Nows all we got," I started slowly, casting my eyes downwards. "And time can't be bought, I know it inside my heart. Forever will forever be ours, even if we tried to forget- love will remember."

You're avoiding him.

Ignoring my conscious I continue to sing. "You said you love me, I said I love you back. What happened to that? What happened to that? All your promises, and all them plans we had, what happened to that? What happened to that?" Mustering all the courage within me I glance up, covering my distress with a small smile.

"Boom gone yeah, we move on. Even if we tried to forget," the music got louder as I tightened my grip on the microphone. "Love will remember you, and love will remember me.. I know it inside my heart. Forever will forever be ours. Even if we tried to forget, love will remember."

That's when the worst thing that could possibly happen, happened. My eyes met his and for a split second my mask almost slipped.

"The trips we dreamed of taking, the tacks left on the mat. What happened to that? What happened to that?" I forced myself to turn away from him- or at least I tried to. I couldn't, he had to know. Feel my fucking emotions Samuel Graham. "When all you had was nothing and all we did was laugh, what happened, what happened to that? What happened to that?"