20 - dancing in t-shirts.

Vanessa 🌻

G

"I've been spendin' way too long checkin' my tongue in the mirror," I sang softly, strumming my fingers against the cords of the guitar.

D/F#

"And bendin' over backwards just to try to see it clearer."

Em

"But my breath fogged up the glass,"

C

"And so I drew a new face and laughed."

G

"I guess what I be sayin' is there ain't no better reason," Ian smith joins in, playing his guitar along with me.

D/F#

"To rid yourself of vanity and just go with the seasons." Ian smiled at me. "It's what we aim to do." I smiled back, knowing he enjoys singing just as much as I do.

C

"Our name is a virtue, but I won't, hesitate. No more, no more. It cannot wait-" this time everyone sang along.

C

"I'm yours!"

G

"Well open up your mind and see like me! Open up your plans and damn you're free! Look into your heart and you'll find that the sky is yours!"

G

"So please don't, please don't, please don't, there's no need to complicate-"

Em

"Cause our time is short!"

D/F#

"This is, this is, this is our fate, I'm yours!" With one last strum of the guitar, we finished, and Ms Zane, our music teacher started clapping loudly, a grin etched onto her face.

"As I always say, practice makes perfect! Well done everyone!"

The reason why I joined the music club in school instead of signing up somewhere else was because the kids in this class were actually passionate about singing and playing instruments.

Everyone who signed up for the club in free period, is looking to make it big, which is why there isn't a lot of kids in this club.

There are only six students in the group, including me.

Me and Ian are lead singers. There's Cassie and Fiona who are focusing on becoming professional cello players. Julian, who is an expert at the drums already, he also has a I'll-take-you-home-and-eat-you-up voice.

He's a hottie but has a girlfriend.

Then there's Drew who wants to be a pianist. He sings for the towns church, that's why Ms Zane let him join our Lil' music club.

And no, none of us are friends or e vben close for that matter.

I occasionally talk to Ian, but that's because we sometimes perform together for practice and stuff. Cassie and Fiona hate my guts- don't know why, but also don't care.

Drew is too shy to even talk, so we almost never interact and Julian is an asshole most of the time, so I don't bother talking to him.

"Vanessa, you mind if I speak to you before you leave?" Ms Zane asks, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she stacks up some music sheets.