1) He's my best friend, 2) He's incredibly hot, and 3) I've secretly loved him all this time!!! *15*

Chapter 15

*A/N* Jonathan is NOT Paige's half brother. He is Nate's brother! It was explained in Nate's P.O.V. a lot of people found this confusing... just wanted to clear it up :) and thanks 4 all the great comments =D*

.....................................................................................................................

(Paige's P.O.V)

When I left class for the cafeteria during third period I expected to see Nate with his friends somewhere, but he was waiting outside the classroom for me.

It was almost kind of ironic. I mean, a few weeks ago it would've been me who was outside the classroom waiting for him.

Things changed fast.

I felt the same hesitation I felt whenever I was around him these days, there was a sense of awkwardness.

After the whole making out session at my house and then being caught too, if it hadn't been for Sheena and Jonathan walking in on us might have done something stupid.

Nate was still acting as if nothing had happened, but it was technically the first day back at school since everything happened, including the "kidnapping" scare.

I smiled at him and started walking towards my locker; he followed quietly and stood patiently while I put my books away.

"So, you want to' get something to eat?" he asked.

My first thought was, "Oh My God. Is he asking me out!?" but when he pointed in the direction of the cafeteria I realized it was an innocent question.

"Uh, yeah." I replied.

We got our food and decided to take it outside, it was a sunny day and Nate and I always enjoyed eating outside anyway.

We found an empty bleacher and sat down, I noticed the amount of space Nate left in between when he sat.

For some time we just sat and ate in silence, a few guys came by to chat with Nate while I just continued nibbling on my sandwich.

I wondered if things would ever be the same again. The way Nate and I had joked and poked each other while throwing bits and pieces of our food at one another. We'd laughed at nonsense and made stupid jokes. And it all seemed so far away.

I hadn't ever wanted our friendship to end.

Nate finally finished his food and crumpled up the wrapper, aiming at the faraway trash can and throwing it.

I guess he was still his normal old-self.

Maybe I was just making a huge deal out of it. I tried to follow his example and aim at the trash can, but failed miserably. This caused Nate to burst out in laughter, and he had to lean back to keep himself from falling.

I rolled my eyes but laughed myself, some of the earlier tension vanishing.

"At least we know why you never made it on the basketball team..." he teased, a sparkle in his eyes.

I moved closer and smacked his arm, getting a loud yelp from him.

This time it was my turn to laugh. When I looked up I noticed Nate staring at me strangely.

"I'm glad to see us like this again. I was kind of scared things were going to change." He confessed.

And I thought I was making a big deal out of it. I guess there had really been some tension after all.

"I know what you mean. I was scared too. But our friendship matters more than anything... right?" I asked hopefully.

He nodded and was about to say something when someone called out his name, we both turned to see Jonathan running across the field.