1) He's my best friend! 2) He's incredibly hot! and 3) I've secretly loved him all this time!!! *27*

Chapter 27

.........................................................................

*RECAP*

Suddenly the kitchen entrance was filled by three large, imposing men in police uniform.

"Which one of you boys is Price?" one officer asked, his voice commanding.

He was the largest of the three, and seemed to have the most authority. I exchanged worried glances with Nate, who was just as shocked as I was. Jonathan stood up slowly, taking his time. His expression was frustrated and annoyed, he also made no effort trying to hide his feelings. Obviously, he was going to be an idiot and act like one instead of just figuring out what the hell was going on here.

"I am. What's going on?" he asked angrily.

I looked at Nate; Jonathan shouldn't be the only one standing. Price could be referring to either one of them. My thoughts reflected Nate's concern as well, as he also stood up. My heart started to beat frantically; I was beginning to feel quite worried.

The officer smiled slowly, looking forward to whatever he was about to do.

"You're under arrest, Price."

................................................................................

(Nate's P.O.V)

Both Paige and I looked at one another with nothing but shock on our face, switching our gaze to Jonathan as he slowly took a step away from his chair.

"What's going on, why are you here?" Sheena asked one of the officers.

He didn't even look her way, his attention focused on Jonathan.

"You broke the law. We've had to drive a long way to get here, boy, so you might as well make this easy." He reached out towards Jonathan and grabbed his hand, twisting it backwards to rest on his back.

Sheena gasped and Jonathan cursed, his other arm wrapped securely around Jessie. The baby started to fuss and Sheena quickly took her, holding her close.

The officer was quick to take Jonathan's now free arm and do the same with it as he'd done to the other, causing Jonathan to hit the table and curse louder.

"What the hell is this!? You just can't barge in like that!" I yelled.

Paige's hand found mine and she held on tightly, her expression almost frantic.

"Any explanation you desire can be given later, at the police office, which is where Mr. Price is headed. At the moment, we need a simple confirmation and we'll be on our way with him in the backseat of our car." The officer's voice was strict and commanding.

I swallowed hard and looked at Jonathan, who was still trying to get out of the handcuffs they'd placed on him. How could something like this happen all of a sudden!?

I was still confused as hell and wanted some answers, but the officer didn't take any of it, instead he leaned closer to Jonathan and pulled him up straight.

"Is this you're your current address or not?" he asked, holding him by the collar.

Jonathan stared back with an equally stern expression, his eyes just as cold and full of anger.

"Yes." He lied.

I almost choked just standing there, deciding to put an end to this mess I took a step forward, but Paige's hand tightened around mine and she quickly shook her head at me.