1) He's my best friend, 2) He's incredibly hot, and 3) I've secretly loved him all this time!!! *16*

Chapter 16

........................................................................................................

(Nate's P.O.V)

I watched several emotions cross Paige's face, finally settling on anger. She turned in her seat to stare at me, fire in her eyes.

"You should have asked first, Nate!" she said, frustration clear in her voice.

I chose to use some of my abilities; I turned and gave her my most charming smile, one that usually got my way with the girls.

It didn't work.

Paige leaned over and smacked me hard on the head.

"Don't smile at me like an idiot. Take me back, please. I'm scared of your surprises." She folded her arms in front of her.

I tried hard not to smile at the gesture. She was getting cuter each day!

"Give it a chance, Paige. We're almost there!" I said, pointing to the sign above us that stated how close we were.

Paige's eyes widened and she sighed heavily, a sign of giving in.

"Fine! But this better be worth it!" she said, squinting her eyes at me.

I laughed and wanted to hug her in my excitement, but focused on my driving instead.

"Trust me. It'll be fun."

........................................................................................................

(Paige's P.O.V)

There was obviously no way out of this, so I decided to be a good girl and wait to see what Nate was up to.

It was getting hard, my impatience overcoming everything else, but I forced myself to hang on.

We'd reached Vegas about an hour ago, and since then had been walking the streets.

Apparently Nate's "surprise" was close, but everywhere I looked I saw weird people dressed in costumes and bright coloured buildings. There were obviously the world famous attractions too, but they were only worth a glance.

I'd seen it all on t.v before. I was about to protest again when Nate finally stopped walking, me almost bumping into him.

He turned around and seemed to be bouncing on his feet. What the hell had him so excited!?

"Alright, we're here!" he said, his eyes gleaming.

I rolled my eyes and tilted my head to look behind him, my mouth falling open when I saw the huge building with fancy trees lining the entrance. There were exotic cars parked outside and it definitely was a costly place.

"It's a hotel..." I said suspiciously, looking at Nate.

He nodded as if I wasn't getting the point. It finally hit me.

"Did you check us in here!?" I asked, almost in disbelief.

He nodded again, this time with more enthusiasm and pulled me along.

"Come on, I used my mom's credit card. She's got a bunch of savings she doesn't even need. You always said you wanted to check into one of those hot shot expensive hotels!" he explained, dragging me along.

The closer we got, the more entranced I found myself. It was a lovely hotel, and I could spot a huge swimming pool at the back. There were people everywhere, dressed in their bathing suits. Gorgeous girls were walking around in skimpy bikinis, many of them eyeing Nate.