Chapter 1: The Start of a New Life

CRASH!

You sat up, bolt right, as you heard the loud noise. "Mom? Dad?" You shouted. You pull the blankets off of your body as you make your way across the room. Your parents don't respond but you hear what sounds like a struggle and weird noises coming from downstairs.

You run out of your room and look over the bannister and see....well you don't know what these creatures were. You see your mother and father fighting these creatures with, what looked like, a fiery whip. "Mom! Dad!" You shouted and your parents look up at you for a moment and you see fear in their eyes until one of these creatures punched your father, sending him flying across the room. "(Father's name)!" Your mother shouted then she turns around and summons up a shield as one of the creatures raises its fist down towards your mother.

She holds the shield over her head as the creature's fist connects with the shield and your mother's knees buckle under her. The second creature comes over to her and is about to punch her again until your father comes up and jumps on the back of the creature and wraps his arms around the neck of the monster, which reaches behind it, takes the back of his neck and throws him over the shoulder and slams him down on the floor as You run down the stairs and shout for your parents.

"Get (y/n) out of here!" You heard your father shout at your mother, who nods and raises her hands which has a reddish orange glow around it and she swipes her arm in front of her, sending the creatures flying backwards. Your mother runs over to you and takes you by the hand and runs outside with you.

"Mom, what are those things? What's going on?" You asked her, frantically. She turns you to face her and places her hands on your shoulder and stares you in the eyes. "(Y/N), you need to get out of here; fast!" She said as tears falls down on your face. "I'm not leaving without you or dad." You said, tearfully. "You're going to have to, sweetheart." She said as her eyes water up as she looks over her only child.

She puts her hand in her pocket and pulls out a medallion with a strange symbol on it. (A/N: the symbol, Seal of the Vishanti, is what is on the window in the pic above and it's the same one on the medallion.) she hands the medallion to you and said. "Take this. It will take you to where you need to go." She said as you take the medallion.

"But...." You started to say but then you hear a loud crash and a scream. You mother looks towards the house then back to you.

"You need to run, sweetheart. Run away and never look back." She said and she runs back towards your home. "MOM!!!" You shouted but she doesn't respond as she heads back inside and you hear more commotion inside then you hear another scream. "MOM!!! DAD!!" You screamed then you hear loud footsteps and you put the medallion on. 

As you do this, in your mind, you suddenly get a vision of a large mansion that had the same symbol at the top of the building, like a window. You shake your head and run away as you hear the footsteps approaching. You ran and ran for what felt like hours until finally you turn a corner as you see the building. You look up at you in awe until you heard the footsteps again and you look behind you and see the creatures are still chasing you.

You gasp and run towards the steps and you see a plaque the words: 177A Bleecker Street. You run to the doors and knocked on it, frantically, as you shout. "Please help me! Please help!!" The doors, suddenly, open and you fall inside. You look up and you see a bright light shine and the screeching sounds of pain behind you until it stops.

When the light dies down you look behind you and see that the creatures are gone. You take a few deep breaths until you hear footsteps coming in front of you. "Who are you, young one?" A man asked. You look up and see a dark skinned man wearing yellow tunic. "I-I-I'm (y/n) (l/n)." You said as you get up on your feet and look the man in the eyes. His eyes widen at this and asked. "(L/N)? Like, (father's name) and (mother's name) (l/n)?" He asked.