You can't change the Past

There is a lot of Flashbacks in this chapter, and they will be in italics. 

Present time:

Shock. That's what filled Potter Manor when Ginny dropped the bomb that she remembered the trip.

"You WHAT?" Bill asked.

"I remember it." Ginny stated, again. "They used a memory charm, but for some reason, it didn't work on me. I remembered everything they said."

"And what exactly have they said?" Harry asked as if he was scared of the answer. Ginny checked her watch. She remembered the minute she had first met her children. Sure enough, it was nine o'clock.

"Right now, I presume that Lily just came over and hugged me, therefore letting everyone know that we get married." Ginny said, grinning at the memory. "Let's just tell them our mother," James jumped in. He nodded to Lily, who ran over to Ginny, and said:

"Mummy!" She cried, throwing her arms around Ginny. Silence. Ginny went red, but put her arms around the girl. Harry looked at Ginny, then quickly turned around again. His face was a little red, but could see that it was the truth. James looked at his Uncles. Uh oh. Ron was growing purple, Charlie was clenching his hands, Fred and George was looking like they were going to kill someone, and a vein in Bill's temple was throbbing. Bad. Very bad. Then Sirius mentioned the war.

Another Memory of the trip came into Ginny's mind. A much sadder one.

"The Weasleys, I hate to say this but.....We have never met our Uncle Fred." Victoire stated. Lily ran over to Fred and hugged him. Fred was so shocked, and didn't move. Next, James followed him, then Rose and Hugo, Albus, and finally Victoire all hugged him. The kitchen was silent except for Lily whispering,

"Fred, we all miss you so much." And with that, mayhem broke out. Mrs. Weasley began to sob, Bill was shaking, Charlie was holding Bill, Ron was crying, and Ginny was choking back tears.

"Ginny?" Harry asked. "Your face went pale." Harry went over to Ginny and wrapped her in a hug. Ginny's brown eyes held pools of tears, threatening to spill over and cascade down her face.

"Fred." Ginny choked out. All of the faces in the room showed more quiet shock. Harry's arms tightened around her.

"You...You knew?" Ron asked. Hermione tutted, replied.

"Well, I imagine Sirius couldn't help himself, but asked who died. Victoire probably told the kids not to stop the future from happening. I imagine that most of the people in that Kitchen are crying down." Hermione said, and Ginny looked at her.

"How on earth did you know?" Ginny asked. Hermione gasped, and her eyes went sad

"A memory just came back. Rosie, Hugo, Lily, James, Albus, Victoire, hugging Fred." Hermione said.

"Fred, we all miss you so much," said Lily. Hermione glanced at Ron. Tears were coming down. 23 years later, Hermione looked at Ron, tears coming down his face once more.

"Why didn't you do anything, Ginny?" Ron asked.

"I couldn't change the future."

"She's right, Ron." It was Fleur. "The war has made us better humans. Ginny couldn't change that. Who knows what would have happened?" Bill nodded, but tears were also in his eyes.

"Okay." Ron pulled himself together, and began acting like the blunt Ron everyone knew. "Now that we are over with this touching conversation, we do need to get the kids back." Harry sighed.

"That was one of the last time turners. I have no idea if we could even normally, without breaking a time turner go back that far. I'll go into the office to look it up." Harry said, and letting go of Ginny began to go over to the fireplace.

"Harry, No!" Ginny said, "Just stay here for the night. We can deal with it in the morning. Bill, Fleur, Hermione, Ron, please stay the night." Harry stopped, and with a grim nod, stayed put.

"Sure." Hermione said, speaking for her and Ron. "I don't even know if I could face the empty home anyway."

"We can't. Dominique and Louis are expecting us home. They were at a friends tonight, and are waiting for us." Bill and Fleur flooed home. Hermione and Ron took the normal guest bedroom that they stayed in when they stayed over, and Ginny and Harry went to bed.

"It is my fault, Ginny! If we hadn't been out.." Harry began, but Ginny was having none of it.

"Harry, listen to me. It is not your fault. You can't blame yourself for everything. We have James for that." Ginny said, starting out serious then trying to slip in a joke at the end. Harry laughed drily.

"True point." Harry said. "Goodnight, Ginny. I love you." And Harry kissed her temple, like he had so many years ago.

"I love you too." And Ginny fell into a deep slumber.

When they woke up the next morning, sunlight was streaming through the windows. Seeing light made an idea fall into Ginny's head.

"Harry, get up! I think I can contact the kids!" Ginny said, shaking Harry, who woke up in an instant.

"How?"

"Phones!" And Ginny pulled out her phone and called Lily, praying that this would work.

Travel Through TimeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara