In the Moonlight

Ginny put down Lily, and crept out of the room. She had been holding Lily for half an hour, but now it was 11, and she had to go. Where even was the attic? Up, Ginny decided. She quietly climbed up the stairs. Or, as quietly as she could in a creaky house. She reached the top of the staircase, and looked up. Sure enough, above her head was an open ladder. She climbing up it and found herself in the attic. A figure was sitting in the light from window. Ginny walked over, and sat down next to Harry.

"Hey." she said. Harry looked at her with hollow eyes.

"Hey." he responded quietly.

"How are you doing?" Ginny asked tentatively.

"Fine enough. Ron justed got so mad. James mentioned that Rose had a boyfriend." Harry said, smiling grimly. Ginny oggled at Harry, and began to laugh.

"I can imagine."

"But why, Ginny?" Harry asked, going on to a totally new subject. Ginny knew what he meant.

"It's life. People die, Harry. You can't save everyone." Ginny said quietly, and Harry's green eyes met hers. "Harry. You need to accept it." Harry nodded, and changed the subject.

"So, 3 kids." he mentioned, and Ginny went red.

"Yeah." Ginny replied, keeping her tone light.

"James seems like a handful." Harry observed.

"I thought that. At least Albus seems like a nice kid." Harry laughed, but a frown crossed over his face.

"What about Lily, the youngest?" He asked, "You didn't mention her." Ginny felt her heart pang. The poor girl.

"Harry... Lily was kidnapped her first year at Hogwarts, and she still has nightmares about it." Ginny said softly. "She woke open nearly screaming before I left." Harry's face melted to hurt.

"You mean, I endanger my kids' lives because I'm Harry Potter?" Harry asked, growing mad.

"No! I don't know a lot about it, but apparently, Lily was kidnapped to hurt you. You love her so much, that I think whoever kidnapped her did it to damage you emotionally." Ginny said, placing a hand on his shoulder. Harry took a deep breath.

"I should get back, before Ron wakes up and sees that I am gone. Thanks, Ginny. I needed this" Harry said, standing up. Ginny nodded, but before he left, he kissed her temple. "Good night, Ginny." And he left. Ginny stayed there for another 5 minutes, thinking about what had happened, looking out at the stars, before going down to her bedroom. Lily was sound asleep when Ginny came back in, and Ginny walked over, and smoothed her future daughter's hair once, before going back over to her and Hermione's bed, and falling asleep smiling.