Chapter Eight - How It All Began

He knew the moment he will enter his old home the memories will come but he didn't anticipate the flashbacks, one moment he was alone walking through his home and the other he was running around it with his two brothers, he was about to say their name but again something stopped him from saying it as if he will die if he will.

now you might ask yourselves where exactly Kaneki's home is... well it's in the back in the 20th ward at one of the poorer neighborhoods in the ward but he remembered that at least at the start his life was good, his parents loved him and his brothers they gave all they had so the three of them will be happy and be able to go to school, that is until that night where everything changed.

Flashback

Kaneki was walking with his brothers back home from school when suddenly they heard a man who sounded like their Grandfather yell out in despair "PLEASE SOMEONE HELP US, PLEASE HAVE MERCY W-WE HAVE GRANDCHILDREN PLEASE DONT DO THIS TO THEM" they didn't know who he was talking to but that didn't matter, their grandfather needed them and they were going to help him "WERE COMING GRANDPA, WERE COMING" the three of them yelled as they sprinted towards the alley, "NO NO STO... " their grandfather started yelling but was stopped by what sounded like slashing and a liquid spewing across the floor, they ran faster but when they turned the corner they wished the would just have kept on walking because they saw blood all over the walls and the floor of the alley and two familiar bodies laying on it, but what was more disturbing was the man that just stood there holding their grandparents heads one in each arm and was about to take a bite of their Grandmother's face when he saw them and a deadly grin came across his face. "well well well what do we have here? you three came to be the 'heroes'? well let me tell you something about 'heroes' they don't exist all there is are Humans and Ghouls, Prey and Predator, You and ME." then he lunged at the three of them and just before he got them Kaneki was pushed back by his brothers who got the hit instead of him, "NOO" he yelled seeing their blood mix together on the floor, "RUN KANEKI" "GO HOME T-TELL MO-MOM A-AND D-D-DAD W-WE LO-LOVE THE-THEM", he didn't know what to do on the one hand he wanted to stay there and help his brothers whatever way he could and on the hand he wanted to run back to the safety of home, but before he could decide what to do he heard a girl from the other end of the alley yell at the ghoul "HOW MANT TIMES DO I NEED TO TELL YOU? STAY AWAY FROM MY TURF"and the ghoul, he looked like he's in his worst nightmare and bolted leaving the two grandparents and the two 11-year-old kids dying or otherwise dead with the two kids 7 years old brother on his knees crying as he watched them slowly die. "well at least he cooked me dinner before he left" the girl from earlier said, "w-w-ho are y-you?" Kaneki asked, "me? well, I'm Rize Kamishiro but you can call me 'The Binge Eater' and you are?" "I-I'm Ke-Ken Kan-Kaneki" "hmm no that isn't it you want to know who you are? you're dinner", he couldn't move couldn't speak it was like he wasn't in his body and was just looking at life as a Horror movie that All its purpose is to scare the living hell out of him, suddenly when he thought it will all end his brothers yelled and jumped at Rize to stop her and save their younger brother 'we might die but he will live' they thought "KANEKI GET OUT OF HERE!! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN" they yelled but there was no time the binge eater was too strong she overcame them easily "oh how sweet two big brothers come to the rescue of their little brother, but no one can take this sweet meat away from me" she said with a grin on here face while she cut his brothers necks, "now that that's over what do you say we start with dessert" she started to walk slowly towards him, it was like torture, he knew he was going to die, "oh come one is that all you got? Your brothers sacrificed themselves to save you and you did nothing while I killed them? Did you even love them? Where you worth it?" she teased, but her sentence broke him, he felt like something deep and evil has awakened inside of him, his vision was filled with his brothers dying over and over again and he couldn't do anything about it, he couldn't speak couldn't move as he felt himself slowly lose control of his body to two crazy looking version of his brothers, their voices whispered in his head let us play for a bit, we can destroy her, we are strong you are weak, GIVE UP, just before everything went black he heard his mother scream behind him "MOM DAD NOOO... OH GOD, THE KIDS WHERE ARE TH... KANEKI WERE HERE HOLD ON WERE COM..." and the voices in his head said to fight a monster you must become one.

Flashback End

"I wonder what would have happened if none of that would have happened" Kaneki whispered to himself "will I be a 'good guy'? who would they be? would I still have met my friends? Well that doesn't matter now we can't be friends anymore they know my secret and I can't guaranty their safety not any more"

 A/N
Hey, guys finally another chapter after 4 months I finally published another one thank you all for waiting you guys and girls are AWSOME so thank you for reading this chapter if you have anything to say I would love to see it in the comments and this time I know how I want to continue this story.