Finn Request

☽☽☽

Requested by Laylaa_HP_TW, in which y/n is Finn's little sister.

"I'm not letting them take you," Finn articulated through short, rugged breaths. "You're 15, it's.. it's not right!" He'd always been the stubborn type, and you found yourself swerving in and out of his plans to save you. But this was your last resort, you'd been accused of killing those innocent Grounders, and there was nothing else you could do.

It was Finn who killed them, but only out of fear. Anyone would have done the same. The people thought that you had done it, and that was that, there was no convincing Lexa otherwise. The trial was official and there was no way around it.

"Let it happen, Finn, please." You urged, squeezing his hand which trembled with yours. His eyebrows furrowed as he looked at the ground and back at you. His hazel eyes were coated with fear, and although his face was painted with terror and panic, yours seemed to mirror the opposite. All you wanted was for him to calm down. "It's either me, or all of you. Clarke, Raven, Bellamy, Octavia, everyone," you squeezed his hand tighter as his focus wandered. "Listen to me."

Clarke walked up to Finn, giving you a weak but reassuring nod as she placed a hand on your brother's shoulder. The eerie sound of Grounders chanting in the background caused everyone to uncontrollably worry, deep down you all knew who'd win if you fought. You had guns, but they had people. Lots of people. The gates were open, blocked by the two Grounder guards who looked down on you, horses adding to the intimidation.

"I can't," Finn's voice cracked as he raised his hands to his face. "I can't, I can't, I can't.." he repeated, shaking his head. Clarke held his arm but he shook free and speedily approached the Grounders at the gates. You could make out Abby shouting in the background, no doubt asking Clarke to stop Finn.

"You can't go," one of the Arkanian guards urged, pushing Finn back by his chest. He didn't seem phased as he tried to square up to the Grounders.

"Take me! Please! She's only 15, I killed those people, not her! Please!!" He shouted, almost screamed, two of the guards held him back by his arms but it didn't stop him shaking frantically to escape their grip, and potentially the base.

"Only the girl." One of the Grounders said, voice rough as nails as his cold stare practically pushed Finn down. As the commotion got more intense by the minute, you decided it was time to do something.

"Finn!" You called, he immediately stopped wriggling and turned to you, eyes big and full of panic. He slowly made his way to you, it seemed that everyone had stopped panicking as they crowded around you quietly. "Just stop this, let me go, Finn."

"Please, (y/n), there has to be something else we can do."

You pulled him into a tight hug, tears pricking the back of your eyes as you tried your best to stay strong for him.

"I love you, big brother." You whispered, pushing yourself away slightly to look at him. Tears streamed down his face and his lips trembled, all you felt was guilt, it was like the fear had completely vanished after you'd looked at your brother properly.

"Finn, it's time to let go." Raven said from behind him, you had no doubt that he wouldn't listen to her. He tucked a strand of loose hair behind your ear, and wiped away a tear that managed to escape from one of your eyes.

"I love you too." He choked, struggling to let you go. You shrugged away from his grip, took a deep breath, and turned, preparing to give yourself up to the Grounders. When the horseback Grounders saw you, they motioned to two other guards, who hastily ran towards you and seized your arms. A small squeak escaped your lips as the fear finally struck you.

"Close the gates." Kane demanded, followed by the slamming of the metal doors by the two guard's hands. Finn instantly stumbled towards the gates, a guard reached out to stop him but Kane held him back. "Let him." He sighed. Finn's hands clamped onto the metal bars, his knuckles white as he watched you get carried away. You tried not to make eye contact, you didn't want to make this any harder for him than it already was.

Two Grounders pressed you against the trunk of a tree, whilst two more used rope to attach you to it, burning your wrists with the friction.

Finn, along with the others, watched silently, although many had left as seeing such a young girl die in such a terrible way wasn't a good idea. Finn sunk at the gates, watching wide eyed as you were slowly tortured. Your screams of pain caused everyone to flinch, but as for Finn, he just sat there in awe, the occasionally whimper escaping his throat.

--

The trial was over, you'd passed away half way through it, the injuries were too much to live through, and you certainly weren't as tough as a Grounder would have been. Everyone in Arkadia quietly began to move again, many in tears and some still staring in shock. Finn sat limply in the same place, still watching you silently.

"Finn, it's over." Bellamy cooed, though his voice was incredibly shaky and he himself was slightly tearful. Finn abruptly shot to his feet, and opened the gates, Bellamy grasped his arm but Finn pushed him off aggressively. He ran up the hill in which you had been dragged up, and approached your body still tied to the tree trunk.

Several Grounders grunted and aimed their weapons at Finn, "It is over." Lexa demanded, halting their actions as she let him reach your body.

"I'm so sorry, (y/n), it's all my fault, this all happened because of me," he stuttered holding your limp body and brushing your hair behind your ears. "I love you so so much, this is all my fault." He repeated through loud sobs. He cried over your body for another hour, before Grounder guards eventually dragged him back to the gates. All he could think about was how he could and should have prevented this, but it was too late.

☽☽☽