Murphy Request

Requested by ethereal-emily

(Also, don't hate me for this I love Bellamy more than air)

☽☽☽

I was stood with Octavia having a casual conversation, everyone around hard at work. A little break couldn't do us any harm, we thought, so we stepped aside to talk for a while. Bellamy was in one of those angsty moods, so we were both trying to be cautious. Speak of the devil, we heard a familiar voice shouting at other people beside us.

"Oh my god, not you, too, O!" Bellamy complained loudly, kind of sweaty and clearly mad. "It's like none of you take this seriously!"

"We can't keep working, Bellamy," I quietly interrupted. "We need to take a break now and then, or it isn't fair,"

"Who even asked you?" He shouted, causing me to flinch slightly at his sudden voice raise. I noticed that most of the camp had gone quiet, glancing at us. "You don't ever work properly anyway, (y/n), why're you even here?" He said, Octavia stood awkwardly beside us.

"Bell, stop shouting at her!" She asked, earning a glare.

"But why should she get the chance to take a break when we're all working our asses off?"

"I'm so-"

"Oh don't go pulling the 'look at me, I'm innocent, I did nothing wrong' tone with me," He cut me off, even louder this time. I made a small sound where I should have spoken out, but I couldn't handle it when he shouted at other people, never mind myself. I felt my eyes sting as I looked at Bellamy, who's stare made me feel really small and insignificant.

"Bellamy, that's enough," Octavia said from behind him.

"What's wrong?" He asked me angrily, clearly at breaking point. I couldn't blame him, he was usually pretty stressed, but taking it out on me wasn't going to end well for either of us. "Are you gonna cry? Be my fucking guest!"

His looks softened as he saw I actually did start to cry. I looked to the ground as tears fell down my cheeks, and I heard Octavia slap Bellamy in the arm as I did so.

"What the hell, Bellamy?" Another voice said nearby, which was unmistakably the voice of Murphy's. "Don't you have anything better to do than make people feel like shit?" The two weren't really on good terms, so I was surprised that John was standing up to him like that.

Bellamy stuttered a reply, before hesitantly trudging away and into the dropship. As he did, some people awkwardly got back to working, although I could feel the odd pair of eyes still on me and Murphy.

"Hey, hey," he said quietly to me, gently putting his hands on my shoulders. We'd only ever spoken like twice before, and only very briefly. I breathed quickly and raggedly, and felt my chest tighten as I had some sort of breakdown that I couldn't really understand. I hated how worked up I got over the smallest things. "Look at me," he said softly, which was different to his usual aggressive tone. I looked up at him, and into his pale blue eyes which were actually really nice to look at. "Breathe with me, okay?" He asked calmingly. And I did so, which after a few minutes properly calmed me down.

He noticed I'd stopped crying, yet carried on looking into my eyes for a couple of seconds. He gently wiped the tears from my cheeks with his thumbs, before turning around and walking away.

I watched him as he left, as if nothing ever happened, along with a couple of other people who observed him. He stopped and looked at them, scowling slightly. "What?" He snapped, before continuing to leave.

☽☽☽