Chapter One

A/N I just wanted to quickly post the first chapter because I won't have any time tomorrow. I've just started college and I'm going away for the weekend with no internet. 

Please vote and comment if you enjoy! 

-Stiles-

My best friend Scott is visiting me the night before the Run. I'm not sure if he's here to comfort me or not...

He's a Were. Normally they keep humans and Were's separate until the day of the Run, but we accidentally met as children, feeling no bond and telling the adults of that, we were allowed to keep seeing each other.

"I wonder what my mate is going to look like," Scott says dreamily, smiling. "I'm so excited for tomorrow, aren't you Stiles?"

I look up from my desk and that the Werewolf currently sitting on my bed. "Not really," I say, spinning around to look at him without having to crane my neck. "It's a stupid tradition where they send us humans into a forest like animals waiting to be caught. We're not rabbits that need to be eaten by wolves!"

"Wow," Scott says, genuinely surprised by my outburst. "Didn't know you hated it that much."

"Yeah well I find it barbaric," I comment, turning back around.

"But aren't you the slightest bit curious as to who your mate will be?"

"I feel like we're part of the Hunger Games!" I exclaim exasperated. "We're basically sent to the death!"

"Not really."

"You know there have been deaths in that forest!" I argue. "Where the Werewolf only want to mate, and once it's done they leave the human to either save themselves or die."

"Calm down Stiles!" Scott harshly says. "That happened once a Millennia ago, you read too much about this."

"What about the sex slave, human?"

"That, again, only happened once, seventeen years ago."

I scoff. "I don't think I'm ready to be a Werewolf's mate."

"You're gonna love them," Scott says with complete certainty. "So it won't matter if you're ready or not, they're going to be there for you."

I shake my head. "The only reason I'm doing this is because it's compulsory and my father and I really need the support a Werewolf will bring."

"If only your mother was alive," Scott whispers sadly. "She would have been able to support you."

"My father is a cop," I state. "He just doesn't get much pay because he's a human. So was Mum. It wouldn't have made a difference Scott."

"I forgot that your parents aren't from this kingdom."

Another thing I should add. When a human and Werewolf have a human baby they're sent to the human side of the kingdom to be raised with other humans. When the human finds there mate they are reunited with their biological parents. Because my mum and dad aren't originally from here I wasn't separated from them.

"Whatever," I grumble. "Just go, before Dad gets home. He wants to spend some time with me before the 'big day' tomorrow."

Scott grins. "Love you bro," he says before walking out.

With a sigh I continue researching about the Run. Apparently when a prince or princess don't find their mate the first time it means that their mate is special and will be a little late on arriving since that's their style.