Chapter Two

A/N So I'm back from my internet free weekend. I had a lot of fun and it was nice to spend time with my grandparents. Anyways, here's the second chapter!

Please vote and comment. Enjoy! 

There is a bit of swearing, just a warning.

-Isaac-

After Lydia kicked Stiles from the conversation she and Boyd spend a good thirty minutes to try and comfort me. Why did Stiles have to mention the horrible events that happened with the Run? It's freaking me out. I have a feeling that if we see Stiles after the Run Lydia is going to give him a piece of her mind.

I need to get some sleep otherwise I'll have no energy to run tomorrow. I still don't understand why we have to run from the werewolves, what even is the point of the Run? I understand the whole instinct thing, but why do they make us humans run? Why not actually let them hunt?

But I'm also ready to meet my biological parents. My human 'dad' is an abusive asshole and I really want to get away from him.

I sigh, dropping my phone down and close my eyes. I wonder if I'll have time to have something to eat before I get escorted. I hope so.

I get lost in my thoughts and soon enough I drift off to sleep.

-Scott-

When I leave Stiles' house I look at the outside sadly. I hope that he gets a good mate and move out of this crummy place. Seriously, the King and Queen treat humans like trash until they're eligible to attend the Run/Hunt. It's like they're only useful until there's a werewolf that needs a companion. I don't need one, but I have no choice.

My social standing rose when I became friends with Erica Reyes, Jackson Whittemore and, yep, Prince Derek. Derek Hale is a grumpy-ass idiot, he never mentions the fact that he doesn't have a mate but you can easily tell he hates being alone.

I do wonder who it's going to be. Derek's mate I mean. But... what if I end up being like Derek and not finding my mate for years. That brings massive sadness into my heart. I can't imagine how much pain Derek must be feeling what with this being his fourth year.

When I reach home, Derek is casually lounging on the couch while Mum is making dinner. It's her first night home in weeks, and it's because I'm going on the Hunt tomorrow. It's a huge deal for everyone, so today was a day off for the entire werewolf population. Sadly it isn't the same for the humans. John, Stiles' father, has to work and be tormented all the time by the werewolf policemen and women.

"Hi honey," Mum calls out, smiling at me. "Derek and Jackson are staying for dinner. They want to talk about the Hunt tomorrow."

I nod and sit down on the recliner across from Derek. "You excited?" I ask him, even though I know full and well that he's dreading it. He's probably more afraid that he won't find his mate again. As suspected, he grunts in acknowledgement but doesn't say anything. "Yeah, me neither."

"Bullshit," he grumbles suddenly. I raise an eyebrow at him and he sits up. "You're a seventeen year old werewolf. Of course you're excited. This is what you've grown up waiting for, this one goddamn event."

"Oooh," Jackson says, walking in. Without knocking, the dick. "The tension is strong in here. What are we arguing about?" He takes a seat beside Derek since there's now room because his crazy long legs are now strung out in front of him.

"Scott here claims he isn't excited about tomorrow," Derek huffs, waving a hand at me.

Jackson locks eyes with me. "Liar," he states. "You wanna get all lovey dovey with your mate."