Chapter Sixteen

A/N I spent all afternoon after class in a car while my dad was evaluating and talking to customers about stuff. This kept me occupied. 

Enjoy! 

-Jackson-
Derek gave me a call this morning, asking if Lydia and I could visit this afternoon. After the news earlier today, I have no doubt that the both of them need their friends to come by and give them our support.

Even though I was supposed to be in an important meeting this afternoon. Apparently this is more important.

"Stop that," Lydia grumbles. I give her a confused look. What does she mean by that? "Your face. It's ridiculous."

I snort. "You love my face."

The guards are about to open the doors for us when theirs a commotion behind us. We turn around to see and older guy, late forties probably, yelling something about seeing his son.

"What's that about?" I ask the guard standing beside me.

"He's been milling around the palace all morning," he answers. "He caught wind of the Prince being the child of that sex-slave case."

"So?"

"He's the werewolf from it."

Lydia looks shocked at the revelation, but I hide my surprise. So he's the dick that didn't take care of his mate. If I weren't in such a high position, nor the best friend of Prince Derek, I would kick his ass.

"Wasn't he sent to jail?" Lydia asks.

"Got parole at fifteen years," the guard answers. "Too short I say."

I nod in agreement. He practically murdered his mate, then didn't want to keep the child. Pathetic excuse of a Were.

"Please!" the guy shouts, almost hysterical. "I need to see my son!" He then locks eyes with me and falters for a second, almost as if he recognises me.

There's no way in hell that I would have anything to do with that asshole. Not after what he's done to my mates' close friend.

"Jackson, Lydia!" Derek says when the doors swing open at that moment. "I heard about some sort of commotion outside, I didn't even know you had arrived. Come in, please, I need help with Stiles."

"Is he okay?" Lydia asks as we walk up the main stairs, the sound of the door sliding shut behind us, leaving the dick outside and away from Stiles. The way it should be.

"I don't think so," he says. "He panicked when we were told the public know about his parents."

"What does John think of all this?"

"He finds it absolutely ridiculous," he answers. "Which is comforting since he's the only living person that knows the truth."

I nod. "I'm assuming you want us to help with something, but what is it?"

"I need John and Stiles to take a DNA test," he explains. "I don't trust Doctor Deaton, so Scott suggested that I ask you, Lydia."

"I'm still in training," she says. "I don't have the qualifications-"

"Screw that," I say. "You can do it, I know you can. Certificates are just to say you can do it professionally. This isn't a job, babe, this is for a friend."

She smiles a little at me. "Alright, let's go see Stiles and John."

"I think you should go see Stiles on your own," Derek says.

"You don't want to come?" she asks.

"I don't think he wants to see me right now."

"Why not?"

"He grabbed a packed bag this morning, saying that he doesn't want the public to think he's corrupting me, so he won't share a room with me until everything is sorted out."

"That doesn't mean he doesn't want to see you Derek," I say. "It just means he wants to stay in a separate room for a bit. He's still your mate, he still loves you. He thinks that he's doing what's best for you."

"You spend too much time with me," Lydia mutters. "You're spouting all this meaningful crap that I should be. If you're not careful, people might start to think you care."

I huff indignantly.

Derek just chuckles. "You have definitely softened up since I last saw you."

I roll my eyes. "Let's just go do this and sort out this mess."

"Sooner the better," Lydia agrees and Derek nods.

Let's all just hope the results are what we want them to be.