Chapter Thirteen

A/N I was reading through the comments and I found one that helped me with a part of the plot, so thanks so much for helping me out of the slump I've been in!

Enjoy!  

-Stiles-
Her demeanour changed so drastically from when I spoke to her the other day. Back then she was so kind and supportive of me, now it's almost as if she can't stand to even look at me.

What happened?

"Stiles?" Isaac knocks the door lightly, poking his head into mine and Derek's bedroom. I look up at him from where I'm angrily puffing up our pillows. "Let me do that." He hurries over and continues to puff the pillows up while I sigh and collapse down onto the bed, slumping my shoulders over myself.

"She hates me," I conclude.

"She doesn't hate you," Isaac says. "She's just stressed about the Argent's visit."

I shake my head. "They were here when I spoke to her before. Why is she all antsy about them now?"

"I'm not the right person to be talking about this with," he says, sitting next to me. "I know as much as you do. I'm sure that when you see Derek next he'll tell you."

"When I see Derek next he might already hate me as much as his mother does," I huff.

"Stiles!" Derek yells as he enters the room out of breath.

Isaac and I turn to look at him. His hair dishelved and face flushed. He's been running. "What's the matter Der?" I ask, immediately concerned, standing up.

He hurries over to me and takes hold of both my hands. "Are you okay?" he asks. "Mother told me to come see you, I thought something happened."

I shake my head, trying so hard not to spill out my insecurities along with the tears that are threatening to release. "I – I'm..."

"I'll let you guys talk," Isaac says and quickly leaves the room.

"Stiles?" Derek's hands move from my hands to rest lightly against my cheeks. "What's gotten you so upset?"

"Queen Talia," I start, holding back a sob. I didn't think this bothered me as much as it is. "She hates me!"

"What?"

"I ran down the corridor to talk to Isaac, and she told me off, reprimanding me about how one day I'm going to be a king alongside you and how I should start acting like it. She basically called me immature and a child!"

Derek scowls and pulls me into a tight hug. "Please don't cry Stiles," he whispers. "She's just stressed about-"

"Fuck that!" I yell, pushing Derek away. "That's everyone's excuse for her! I want to know why personally! She can't be all nice and motherly one day then look at me like I'm a bug the next! It doesn't work that way!"

I turn my back to Derek, not wanting him to see my face, how tears are practically blinding me and my throat aches from the sobs that are pushing themselves out. "I need to be alone right now," I whisper.

"Stiles..."

"Go!"

I collapse to the floor, finally letting the sobs free and the sadness and uselessness flood over me as soon as I hear Derek leave.

-Derek-
I can't just let that slide. I knew how torn up and broken Stiles was as soon as he told me what my mother said to him.

So I storm to her office where she calmly sits behind her extravagant desk, reading something.

"How dare you?" I growl and her head snaps up.

"You're being very rude today Derek," she says. "You must wait for permission before you're allowed to enter. That boy is a bad influence on you."

I clench my fists at my sides, trying to contain myself. "That boy is your son-in-law!" I yell. "You are being the rude one! How dare you treat him like that!"

"He needs to learn how to be a real prince!"

"He is a real prince! But he is also a person, Mother! He has feelings, and right now he is in tears in our room!"

"It doesn't matter," she huffs.

"How doesn't that matter?"

"He is just a disgusting reminder of Charles and Eliza!"

"What does the werewolf that turned his mate into a sex-slave have to do with Stiles?"

"He is their child Derek!" Mother exclaims, standing. "If word got out that the royal family had that sort of lineage it would taint our name forever!"

"What?"

"You must reject him immediately. He cannot stay here."