Chapter 7

Hiii..... What's up? Thanks for your active reading and wonderful responses. Here goes the next chapter! Let the comments keep on rolling on..if you like. Don't forget to hit the star. Happy reading!!!

She slapped me.... I mean, her palm landed on my right cheek making a snapping noise and I was sure that it had created a hand print there with background of reddish pink colour on my tanned skin colour.

It took a minute to me to really understand the situation. My brain processed the whole thing and reaction was too early violating Newton's third law.

And I punched her... that too, hard. Just below chin and above beauty bone. The impact was slow but instantaneous. Whole crowd gasped.

Her face as well as the part where I had hit turned blood red. as her skin was fair. But I was sure blood rushed to her face only because of embarrassment.

Oh My God!!! Her expressions were priceless. She looked like someone has thrown her in gutter and then smeared her face with mud. I was going to snicker but avoided as I recollected the incident happened with James. I kept my mouth shut but somehow a chuckle was heard.

And the culprit was none other than James! He seemed enjoying it. Our eyes locked and he smiled at me. I mean a real smile not his usual smirk. He really looked handsome with amused look on his face accompanied by a smile.

And surprisingly I found myself smiling back at him. In that moment a sly smirk appeared on his face. But our staring was interrupted by a screeching fake cry.

"James......look she hit me. Baby, do something..show her what happens when you stand up to James's girlfriend. Tell her, sweetheart!"

I was trying my best not to burst out laughing. And when I looked at James, he too was seen doing the same thing. He winked at me and then put on false seriousness on his face.

He came closer to me so close that we were just an inch apart. His tall and muscular body towered over me. I gulped down nervously. That made his smirk to grow. "Be careful about what you do Baby girl!" He whispered into my ear causing a shiver go through my spine.

I opened my eyes which had somehow closed and looked into pair of emeralds. There was something there , in those orbs , which I couldn't quite place. But he covered it.

"Life is worthless without any risk. And you know, I want my life to be worthy." I muttered. And I left without looking back. I entered the library holding hands with that girl. I came to stop at my chair and left the girl's hand.

"Thanks for being there for me. If you wouldn't be there, I don't know what could have happened...... Um.. I am sincerely sorry for what happened. You didn't deserve it. You got slapped without any reason. I know it wasn't your fault. It was just because you took my side. I am really sorry for what happened there----"

"Shh... it's okay. It was not your fault too. Don't blame yourself for what has happened. Just learn to speak against people if you are right. Don't worry it didn't hurt that much. And one more thing don't ever cry. What you do is what you get!  Got it...?"

"Alicia..Alicia Williams"

"Yeah, Alicia! So which book do you want to read?"

I asked professionally. She grinned at me and told me the book's name. I helped her and went back to my seat. Till then most of the students were back on the library.

Time passed as if nothing had happened. Students were whispering amongst themselves and shooting awestruck glances but I didn't care. I was never the one to care about what people think. Because they talk, comment and forget in the course of time. But we suffer if we get bothered by them.

My thoughts got disturbed by voice of shoe heels. As the voice kept coming closer to the library, faces were turned towards me. As the heels came to stop at library door, whole student body looked at me and in a surprising mechanical manner turned to the door.

"Miss. Brown, may I have you in my office in five minutes? Don't be late.."

How was it? It seems Emily has a long day to go.... Please vote and comment if you like. Till the next meeting...Byeee💝💝
                                  Yours' 
                          Julie Parker