Chapter 10

Hii lovelies!! Ready to go to cafe along with Emily? Here is the next chapter! Let the comments keep on rolling in! Vote if you will like the chapter!! Happy reading!!

As soon as we reached school gate, a shining black Mercedes came and stopped in front of us. Doors opened automatically and Robert entered and gestured me to follow him. As I was going to enter the car, James sneaked in. I didn't have any choice to sit anywhere else as seat beside driver was already occupied by Peter. I sighed and sat beside a smirking James.

As car started, I saw that Edward was driving. He gave me smile. I smiled back. An awkward silence filled. I was looking out of window when I felt like being pulled in someone's embrace. I found James arm around my shoulder. I glared at him and as expected he didn't make any move to remove his arm from there.

I looked up only to find a curious pair of eyes looking at us through rearview mirror.
"Robert, where are you taking me?"
"Newman's cafe!"
Oh no!! Children in our school literally live there. Now, everyone is going to see me! Why did I agree with them in first place? No, don't blame yourself Emily. They would have taken you anyways. Shit shit shit.. I hope everything goes alright!

Suddenly I felt constant taps on my head. Irritatingly I looked beside me to find James doing such childish acts.
"What?" I snapped at him.
"You have been in your dreamland for a while.. exactly for 7 minutes and 33 seconds."
"Ohh... Sorry!" I mumbled sheepishly.
"Let's go then. We have reached."
Robert said while holding door open for me.

I stepped outside the car, looking around. I had never been here before. I had avoided this place for all these years but now I was standing in front of the cafe with school's bad boys.

Really, isn't life surprising? Your world changes as people around you change. Such things happen that you hadn't ever thought and most of the times you don't know how to tackle them. You get stuck up and the ones whom you consider as your friends, those whom you trust that they will help you, they will be with you no matter what happens, leave you and not just leave you alone; but hurt you in the best way possible making you realize that everything in past was nothing but an illusion.

"Alice.... Hey, Alice in wonderland, down to earth please! EMILY ,I am talking you!!
Where are you? We have to go in cafe on today itself. Let's go please, rats are playing soccer in my stomach." Edward shouted at me. I nodded and we made our way to cafe.

As soon as we entered, James was attacked by a squeaking monkey.. I mean that's what it seemed. Later on when that living creature was detached from James, I saw the face and then I came to know it was nothing but a ' she ' and that 'she' was no one but Katie.

And then her gaze shifted towards rest of us. She saw me and her mouth opened and it remained hanging open. Disbelievingly she looked at James then at me, again at James not caring she looked like being put under 'Silencio' charm.

Peter snickered behind me. I also felt like a small smirk was going to form on my lips. I controlled myself with all might considering that whole cafe had become silent till now and was paying attention to us.

James held my hand and made way through tables to the one which was near the window in the far corner of cafe. Rest three followed us. There were only four chairs. Suddenly, a waiter came there and gave us an extra chair. I was sitting between James and Robert. Peter and Edward sat opposite to us.

And in the next moment, the whole cafe was buzzing with talks. The quartet was discussing what to eat when people were shooting me weird glances. I was feeling quite uncomfortable. Don't you think, it was obvious? The girl who was invisible for all these years, suddenly has to face so much of drama and even when she doesn't want to! I sighed. With everyone else, I ordered a burger for me along with a coke. The food arrived in less than five minutes and we started to eat. I mean to say, I started to eat while others started to hog.

"Emily, eat bellyful! We don't want you to faint anytime or anywhere!" Robert chided me. I nodded as my mouth was stuffed with a large bite.
"Is our inny minny Rob worried about Emily? Oh my my, my baby has grown up!" Peter chimed in talking with his baby like voice.

We all laughed at his childish antiques except Robert. He turned red on his words and slapped Peter on ad.
"Aghh...." Peter fake winced.
" Oh sweetheart, are you okay? Did that hurt too much? Don't worry, it will get better!" Edward said in a fake panicked voice  rubbing the spot on his head.
Peter looked at him with such an adoration, that I felt like watching 'Romeo and Juliet'.
And he hugged Edward tightly,  like they were some couple which were kept away from each other for long time. Both of them started fake sobbing patting each other's back. After a while that patting turned a little bit hard to call as patting. Robert pushed them apart chuckling.

I laughed, I laughed so much that I forgot love of my life ( Don't get surprised, I am talking about food!) I forgot all the loneliness I had been feeling. I know, it wasn't that funny, but for me, it was. I once again experienced, after exactly three years and seven months, fun we have with our friends. These boys weren't my friends; but it felt different to be with them. It felt natural. This was weird! I felt alive with the boys who were troubling me just before 24 hours!! Isn't time the trickiest thing?

"Here goes our Alice in her wonderland again! Seriously Emily, you are inspiring me to write next part of 'Alice in Wonderland' " I chuckled at him.
Before he could reply anything, waiter came there.

"Hey Sam, whats up? You are early today! " James asked.
"Nothing much! Just wanted to see the chick who was allowed to sit here! Whole school population is talking about it! You are famous now, girl! Anyways, I am Sam! May I know your name , my lady?"
Oh dear!! He looked nice but was too dramatic. I answered him, "Emily Brown"  He bent and kissed my hand.
Awww... That was sweet !!! I smiled at him.
"Wow, you have dimples!! Just kill me now!" He said. I felt my face getting warm by his words.

"Ok then! We will be leaving. Let's go Emily!" James said draping his arm around my shoulder.
"Bye Sam! It was nice to meet you!" I called after Sam.
"Mutual feelings! Looking forward to meet you again!" We went to cashier's table. As soon as I took out my purse to pay, James held out his one hand stopping me and paid money.

We left the cafe. As soon as we sat in car, I put money in James's hand. He returned it. I once again gave him.
"Geez Emily! I can spend that much money, you don't need to pay me back."
"I am capable to pay on my own. It isn't like I am paying for all of us. I am just giving you my share. I don't want anyone's favour. Please take it. "
"I am not. I am just being a gentleman. I wa--"
"James, you are taking your money. I let you pay there in cafe because I didn't want any drama. But I am a self dependent girl. I earn so I will pay for myself. I hope you understand me." I said and gave him the money. He nodded and smiled. 

He took it without saying anything. I went and sat in the car. The quartet also came and we started our return journey. There was all silence but not an awkward one. After a while, Edward asked me.
"Emily, where should we drop you? Where do you live?"
"Girls' hostel"
"Ok...we will be there in five minutes."
"Where is your home?" Peter asked me.
That was the question I didn't want to answer. I didn't say a thing.
"Emily..." Robert asked for answer. 
"I am sorry Robert, but I don't want to talk about it."
"It's ok.. no problem! Anyways, we are here. "

I got out of the car.
"Thanks guys! I had a lot of fun! Good night! Bye"
"Bye.." Everyone said.
"Sleep tight!" Peter added. I chuckled and walked to the hostel's gate. I waved at them and entered the building. 
I didn't have to face anyone in my way as very few girls lived there in hostel.

I changed my clothes and fell on bed. Really, this was the best day I had in these three years. Well, who knew school's bad boys were so jolly and friendly? I smiled to myself and sunk deeper in bed entering in my dreamland.

So guys, how was the chapter? Why do you think Emily doesn't want to talk about her home? And what role is this Sam gonna play in her life? Wanna know? All you need is a little bit of patience. Till next meeting....... Byeee🙋🙋

                               Yours' only,
                          Julie Parker💝💝