Chapter 23

Rosie knew there was something about Palpatine. He is Sideous. The one they have been after all that time. The one who trained Dooku. Rosie quickly walked down the hall to find Anakin. She needed to make sure that He hasn't taken up Palpatines deal, even if it is for her. Rosie makes sure her Necklace isn't showing.

"Rosie!" I herd two female voices call me. "Rosie stop!"

Rosie stops and turns around. She saw Padme and Jilian running towards her.

"Why did you run out?" Jillian asked panting with Padme.

"He...He isn't..." Rosie tries to find the words and collect her thoughts. "There is something not right. It is very very wrong." Rosie looks back to where she was heading and turns back to Padme and Jillian. They turns their heads towards Rosie.

"Anakin's fine Rose" Jillian said as she looks into my eyes. Rosie blinks a couple of times and calms herself. Jillian and Padme lead me back to Padme's room, which isn't far. Rosie sits down and tries to keep her thoughts positive.

'Anakin is smart.' Rosie thought. 'He went to the council, they'll take care of Palpatine.

Rosie stood up and went to the window. She looked out into the city where she was trained to be a Jedi. She puts her hand gracefully on the glass. The sun is setting, the sun is letting off an orange glow. Rosie blinks back worried tears. She hears 3PO come in and walk to Padme. Rosie looks over her shoulder and looks back out. The sun slowly sinks into the horizon, and a navy shade covers the sky. Rosie looks down an feels a tear roll down her cheek. She really hopes Anakin's alright. They're probably arresting Palpatine right now. She doubts it will be easy. If what she heard was right, Sideous will fight back. Rosie gets a sudden jolt of when she is near death. But maybe she isn't, maybe Anakin is. She squeezes her eyes shut. Anakin is killing her with all those worries. She sees all light, just crackling in her mind. Bright blue. Then she sees all darkness. Rosie opens her eyes.Something's going on. Something went wrong. She turns away from the window. Guilt washes over her. Rosie should be there, arresting Palpatine. Not Mace, not anyone else. Her. Rosie can take care of him. She knows she can. Rosie gets the image of Darth Maul. The haunting red rimed yellow eyes. "What's going on with me?" Rosie whispered to herself. Is the baby going to be evil? Is it her? It certainly isn't Anakin, he's too good. But something is hurting her, right in her heart. It stings a bit. Something is missing. Rosie just knows it. She senses something resembling surroundance. Like she is trapped. Rosie sits in front of Padme and next to Jillian.

"I've always been fascinated by you lightsaber. May I see it Rosie?" Padme asks.

Rosie takes her saber out and hands it to Padme. Padme analyzes it. Rosie and Jillian hear a small bang. It all slows down like everything around them.

The glass breaks off and a small dot flies on to Padme's back. Rosie and Jillian gasps the blasters bullet goes into Padme's skin and she falls to the floor.

"NO!" Rosie and Jillian shouted.

Rosie and Jillian get in their knees and catches Padme's head from falling. Rosie's lightsaber drops to the ground with a clank. Padme's wide eyes look at them.

"Padme please. Hold on." Rosie said her eyes tearing up as well as Jillian's.

Padme holds her chest where her blood is seeping through her clothes.

"T-Take m-my sh-sh-ship Rosie and Jillian, I-i-i-its your guys='s to k-k-k-keep. Y-y-you t-two are t-the best f-f-f-friends a-any o-one c-can have. G-g-go t-to him R-Rosie." Padme said before she took her last breathe and died.

Rosie and Jillian out Padme on the couch.

"Why don't you get some rest Jillian OK? I am going to talk to Anakin when he gets back.

Jillian nodded and went to her room.

'Why did they want to kill me? It just doesn't make any sense' Rosie thought to herself.

And now that I am with you again...I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worst it gets. The thought with not being with you...I can't breathe. My heart is beating...hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul tormenting me...what can I do? I will do anything you ask...I am tormented by that kiss that shouldn't have happened. If you are suffering as much as I am, please say so. ~Anakin Skywalker