Chapter 24

Rosie felt her heart ache as she weeps over Padme's lifeless body. Something big is happening. Rosie just doesn't know what. She needs to find out. Rosie wipes her tears away. A throbbing in her head comes. Rosie had to stay in there. She would die if she went out. If her theory of 'Order 66' was correct, Anakin and her would be the last Jedi to stand. Rosie tries to stand up and 3PO helps her. She gets to her feet and the feeling of pain and evil comes over her. She screams in pain from it. It goes away slowly.

"3PO, what is the news on anakin?" Rosie asks

"He had been at the Jedi temple." 3PO said. "I advise you not to go"

"I know. I know. I am not going anywhere" Rosie sighs.

​​​​​​Rosie look over at the Jedi Temple. She sees an area that is burst with flames. She quickly looks away, not wanting to see the destruction. Hey eyes watered up again. 3PO walks away.

"Please put Padme on the couch." Rosie said

Rosie bets that they think that she is dead. She should be safe then. But she doesn't feel safe. Rosie looks at the hole in the glass. She yelled covering it up with her hand. Rosie feels cold air blowing on her hand and she can feel and smell the smoke from the burning Jedi temple. She just loses whatever darkness she had. She lets out one sob. How is this happening? Rosie can only hope that Yoda, Obi Wan, and Anakin are still alive. She hears a ship land by the balcony. She looks older and sees 3PO help a man with a black robe on our of the ship.

"Ani?" Rosie whispered to herself. She takes her hand off the window and walks to the balcony sees a shining face. "Anakin!" Rosie sighs and quickens her walk. Rosie just falls into his arms and he kisses her forehead. "You're alive!" Rosie sighs with a smile.

Rosie pulls back and Anakin sees the new tears formed on her face from what she just witnessed. "What happened?" He asked. Rosie eyes water up again as she replays the scene in her head.

"Th-they tried to kill me. But...I was mistaken... And..." Rosie looks over at Padme's lifeless body, laying peacefully. "She was killed. She had my saber... and...and... and..." Anakin pulls her face to look at him. "I am glad that you're OK. There was an attack on the Jedi Temple. You can see the smoke from here"

"I'm fine. I'm fine. I came to see if you and the baby were safe" guilt drops from Anakin's voice.

"Ani, what is it?" Rosie looks up to him

"the Jedi have tried to overthrow the Republic." Anakin says in reply.

"What?" I asked

"I saw Windu try to assassinate the Chancellor myself" Anakin said. Rosie knows he is lying.

"What are we going to do?" Rosie played along. He looks away and turns around.

"I won't betray betray the Republic. My loyalties lies on the Chancellor. And with the Senate. And with you" Anakin said.

"But-" Rosie tries and start. If he followed the Chancellor, how will he be able to follow her? "W-what about Obi Wan?"

"I don't know" he said. "Lots of Jedi have been killed. Almost you. We can only hope Obi Wan can remain loyal to the Chancellor."

"Ani, I am scared. "A tear ran down Rosie's cheek, overlapping the ones that have dried. Anakin moved a hair out of her face and gives her look that he gave me when I told him it wasn't right.

"Have faith my love," he whispered. "everything will soon be set right. I have an important mission. I've been informed that separatist have gather on the Mustafar system. I am going there to end this war. And you are to stay here. Alright?" Rosie outside hand on his that was on her cheek and Rosie looks up at him. "wait for me until I return. Things will be set right soon. I promise you." Rosie felt her lip quiver. Anakin and Rosie pressed their lips together. Anakin pulls away, but Rosie keeps her eyes shut. "Wait for me, please." He whispers in her ear. Rosie nods and his hand goes away. Rosie opens her eyes and sees him get into the yellow cruiser and flies away. Rosie looks away to hide her tears. She sees him zoom away. She turns around and walks inside.

"Mistress Rosie, is there anything I can do?" 3PO said. I stopped down and slightly looked behind me.

"No thanks." I squat down and picked up my Lightsaber. I stand up straight and looked over to Padme's body. Her eyes were closed and it looks like she is sleeping.

"Oh, I feel so hopeless." 3PO said.

Rosi puts her saber way and she holds her stomach. Rosie wonders if there is any way to contact the rest of the Jedi. Probably not. If what Rosie's thinking is correct, anakin isn't hope usual self anymore...

And now that I am with you again...I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worst it gets. The thought with not being with you...I can't breathe. My heart is beating...hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul tormenting me...what can I do? I will do anything you ask...I am tormented by that kiss that shouldn't have happened. If you are suffering as much as I am, please say so. ~Anakin Skywalker