Chapter 15- Troublesome Thoughts

Listen to the song as you read the chapter.

Mark-

I walked downstairs.

Jack stood there, smiling.

He shouldn't be smiling.

He was so happy, all the fucking time.

Disgusting.

What? Why did I just think that?

Why can't I be happy like that?

It's not fair.

"Mark? Is everything okay? " his voice interrupted my thoughts.

My thoughts? Were they mine? Really, mine?

"Yoohoo. Mark. Earth to Markimoo." He was looking at me. I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts.

"W-what?"

"I asked if you were okay."

"Uh. Oh yea. Fine. Why?"

"Nothing, really. You were staring at me, that's all, and you looked.. angry. Really angry. I thought maybe I left the toilet seat up or something" He laughed.

He treated everything like a joke.

Like everything was so fucking funny.

Couldn't he see what was happening? To me? Did he think it was funny?

Before I knew what I was doing, words were coming out of my mouth.

"Its not funny."

"What?" his smile faded.

"I said it's not funny, asshole. "

"Um, sorry Mark. I- I didn't know you were so serious about toilet seats" he smiled weakly.

"Stop." The words were coming out of my mouth, but I didn't know.. were they mine?

"Mark? Are you sure you're okay?" Jack said, taking a step back.

I looked down to see that my hands were clenched into fists, so tight my knuckles were white. When did that happen?

"I'm fine. Just-just tired. I need to go. To sleep."

I looked at him. I noticed, that while a minute ago, he had looked worried, scared, now he.. he was.. smiling. His eyes, usually a light clear blue, looked darker, almost black. A trick of the light? Either that, or just my tired mind playing tricks on me. Or maybe- maybe Dark was messing with my head somehow. That must be it. Something like that. I needed to get away right now. Go to sleep.

"Alright, Mark. Not a problem. Not a problem at all." I could hear the smile in his voice. Why the fuck was he smiling? I shrugged inwardly- this was Jack, after all. He could be weird at times.

I turned and started up the stairs. In the middle of the stairs, I heard Jack's voice say behind me "Goodnight, Markimoo. Sweet dreams."

-

Mark didn't turn around, just waved a hand in farewell and kept walking upstairs. He didn't see Jack staring at him, his eyes almost hungry in their gaze. He didn't see his sharp teeth gleaming In the dark, the light from the window next to him reflecting eerily off his smile.

*************************************** 

I'm actually quite proud of this chapter! Who am I kidding it's shit. Thank you for reading!

Question of the day- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Me- Ireland. It's fucking beautiful there.

Thank you everybody so much for reading, and as always, I will see you.. in the next chapter! Buh bye! 

PS- Let me know what you think of that type of writing style below, I thought it worked well with the atmosphere.

Also, did you like the song? Did it go well with the chapter?

Song- In the Shadows by Amy Stroup