Chapter 27-Red

Mark-

"Sean, she didn't know about us. It wasn't her fault."

I follow him up the stairs, stopping at the top step next to him. 

He laughs coldly. "Us? There is no us. And if there was, you certainly revealed how important it was to you."

"Sean, please!"

"No, Mark."

"But-"

"Just don't. I really don't want to hear it. Don't waste your breath."

"But I..."

I what?

He looks at me, impatient, waiting. 

"I." I stop. I don't know what to say.

He looks away.

"Don't bother. I'll book a flight today, and by tomorrow I'll be out of your hair. You can be with Amy." 

What? 

I don't want to be with Amy. To be honest, I don't know what I want. But I do know one thing. I can't let him leave.

"You can't go."

"Why not?"

"Because I...I.." 

Say it.

"Because I still need to film more videos with you."  As soon as the words come out, I wish I could take them back, but it's too late. 

He looks at me, and is it just me, or are there tears in his eyes?

There are. And it's my fault.

He shakes his head. "I love you, Mark. And you... I don't think you know what you want." 

He turns away and starts back down the stairs, and I grab his arm.

"Don't touch me." he says harshly, yanking himself away from my grip, hard.

Too hard.

In slow motion, I watch as he looses his footing and falls down the stairs, eyes wide. He hits his head, once, twice, and lands at the bottom, limp. I run down the stairs and repress the urge to vomit when I see the blood beginning to pool around his head, staining his green locks red.