Black as death

----------------------------------

Draven's pov

----------------------------------

      The cold breath on my neck and back made every hair on my body stand upright and my body jerked forward. Everything around me was still black and the silence around me turned deafening. The darkness pressed in around my body and forced it's way into my lungs, blocking my airways and making my body seize and jerk even further forward, my mouth gaping open in a silent scream. My lungs were burning and my body was screaming for oxygen. The breath fanned out across my body, enveloping it in an icy cold, seizing my mind in its frozen grasp, not allowing me to think properly. My eyes were open as wide as they could go and finally I could see something, but it was the remaining breath being forced out of my body in a white cloud that quickly turned into ice crystals and fell into the never ending darkness below me.

      The cold was slowly creeping into my body, chilling my blood so that it felt as if I had syrup slogging through my veins, then it sunk further until it felt like it was in my very soul. My hands reached towards my throat in a desperate attempt to get oxygen, clawing at invisible hands that had found their way there sometime during the moment I saw my breath come out of my body.

     The hands, not squeezing or clutching, held onto my neck as if gently caressing me in an attempt for comfort, whether for itself or me, I didn't know. Then invisible fingers started to caress my face and slowly, painfully slow, oxygen found its way into my lungs and I started to gasp, my ragged breathing sounding like a thousand fireworks in the deafening silence.

     Another sound filled the silence then, a hissing sound, as if a snake were right by my ear. It was soft at first, like a wave from the ocean, softly rolling onto the shore, but it started to build up until it sounded like a train that had just stopped and released its breaks.

    A shudder ran through my body as the caressing hands wound around my neck once again, and pressed against my windpipe. Then suddenly they disappeared only to be found pressing on my eyes. I couldn't close my eyes as the fingers dug into the softness of my eyes.

     "Draven...." A raspy voice sounded from next to my ear. The hissing noise had disappeared when it spoke but as soon as it stopped talking, the hissing appeared, as loud as ever.

    "Draven...we need you"  The voice hissed as its fingers dug further into my eyes. I gasped as an image flashed across my eyes, too fast for me to see.

    "We need you..you are our only chance of stopping the chain.... we need it to stop. Please... we need you" the voice pleaded, it's sorrow evident in its voice.

" please"......

---------------------------------------------------------------

    My eyes snapped open and my body jolted as I was viciously jerked back into reality. Everything around me was too bright to my eyes and I squinted, looking around to get a hold of my surroundings. People were buckling their seat belts and an insistent voice was telling us to fasten our belts. My hands shook as I clasped mine, and I suddenly felt the plane start to dip forward slightly so it could land.

    As soon as the wheels touched the ground and stopped, the woman beside me grabbed our carry on's, which was actually all I brought, and carried them off of the plane. I scurried along behind her, still shaky from the dream, if you could even call it that.

    "We'll reach our destination soon, child. We just need to take a car to the address." The woman said. We exited the airport, made our way through the flurry of people around us and headed towards a sleek, black car. She put our bags in the back seat and slid into the passenger side. I was left to buckle myself in, which I did after a little struggle and then we were off.

    I stared blankly out of the window, watching as colors blurred past me in a flash. I could make out some things like a person walking a dog or little trees, but not much else.

    Soon, the car stopped in front of a huge, three story house. My eyes bugged out of my head and my jaw practically hit the floor as I saw a big, green field to the side of the house that most likely continued into a backyard.

    The woman slid out of the car and swiftly made her way towards the front door of the house only to stop and turn around to stare at me, still sitting in the car.

    "Come on, then! Get out of the car and grab your things. We don't have all day." She snipped. I obliged and grabbed my things and opened the door of the car. My bags were small, but I still had to put them down first before I turned and slid out of the car, my feet hitting the paved driveway with a small tap. I grabbed my bags and walked towards the woman, who had continued her brisk walk towards the front door.

     I ran to reach her before she knocked, and quietly stood beside her as her knuckles rapped on the door. After a few seconds, the door opened to reveal a tall woman dressed in a sort of training outfit. She had short, blonde hair that only touched her ears and her eyes were a pretty green color a and she looked to be about in her late thirties.

     "May I help you?" The woman growled. I immediately recoiled and hid behind the older woman's legs.

     "Yes, you may. I am here to exchange the custody of this child towards her unnamed father. He is required for this conversation to continue" the older woman said.

    The younger woman looked down at me and her eyes immediately softened into something that could have been adoration. She bent down to my level and held out her hand in an offering. I hid behind the woman further and stared at the hand in suspicion.

   "Don't worry, I won't bite" She stated softly, out stretching her hand further towards me. My eyes flickered from her hand to her face and back again before I took her hand. It was unnaturally hot and made me feel warm. I slid out from behind the older woman and towards the younger one. She smiled kindly at me and picked me up. I immediately struggled to get out of her grasp and started to twist around.

   "Woah! Hey, it's okay I won't hurt you!" She panicked.

   "NO NO NO! ONLY MOMMY AND AUNTIE CAN HOLD ME! PUT ME DOWN! I WANT DOWN! I WANT MY MUMMY! MUMMY! MUMMY!" I screamed and cried. Tears ran down my face and the woman clutched me to her chest in an effort to calm me. Around us, I could hear people urgently talking but I didn't care.. I wanted my Mummy.

   "WHAT'S GOING ON HERE!" A loud voice boomed. I continued to cry and scream for Mummy, but I knew she wasn't coming to comfort me. My wails rose until they hurt even my own ears, when a strong, comforting pair of arms picked me up and cradled me against someone's chest. Immediately, I felt a calming sensation run through my body and my wails decreased until they were just hiccups. Tears had made my face red and were still streaming down my face. I tried to wipe them away but they wouldn't stop, so I continued to  rub my eyes

   "Shhhhh. It's alright now. You're safe here" a voice soothed. The voice made me feel safe and after a few seconds I felt my self drift off.....

*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

BONUS POV

*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

    Everything was dark. I couldn't see an inch in front of my face. I felt three other unconscious bodies next to me, but I could only identify one. I shivered from the cold and vainly tried to see. Then a dark chuckle rang out through the room and I shivered.

  "My, my, my. It's been a long time hasn't it, Layla?"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dun, dun, duuuuun!