New people

--------------------------
Dravens pov
--------------------------

      The man, whose name I still don't know, carried me down the stairs that were just outside of the room. As we reached the bottom, a group of people who were standing nearby stopped talking to stare at us. I felt my self freeze up and I gripped the man tighter. He glanced at me, but kept on walking. As soon as we passed the group, they burst out in to whispers.

      My eyes traveled across the wall looking at more pictures that held a lot of different people. Then we entered a room that had no pictures on it's walls. The kitchen. I felt excitment bubble up through my body despite being afraid of the many people in the room.

      Before we reached the freezer that I knew held the icecream, a woman intercepted us, standing too close for comfort. I squeaked and pressed myself against the man in an attempt to get away from her. It was the same woman I saw open the door when I first arrived. She was grinning at us in a very friendly way, but that didn't help my anxiety towards her being so close.

        "How're you doing, sweetie? Are you feeling better?" she asked me. I squeaked again and buried my face in the man's chest. He chuckled and adjusted his grip on me so that I was balanced on his hip.

         "Don't look so glum, Ariana. She is just afraid of new people." he said. I peeked at the woman's face only to see a pout on her face as she stared at me in sadness.

        "Why? I'm a nice person. I won't hurt you, sweetie." She directed the first part towards the man, but said the second part to me. I looked at the man's face then back towards the woman, Ariana, only to rehide my face.

        "Why does she like you then, James? You're a stranger to her too," she huffed. The man only laughed and walked around her.

       "If you don't mind, I have a date with that carton of icecream in the freezer," he said. I heard the woman gasp and I looked at her to see her point at the man with an accusing finger.

       "That's how you got her to let you hold her! You're bribing her with sweets!" she exclaimed. She looked at me for a second before another grin passed over her face.

      "Sweetie, how would you like to go shopping with me? I can get you all the sweets that you could ever dream of," she said with a triumphant smile on her face. My eyes widened in surprise and I looked back and forth between her and the man, James. Shopping! That sounds really fun!

      'I can buy so many books!' I thought. A grin spread across my face as I reached for Ariana. She reached out and wrapped her arms around me and took me from the man's arms. I looked at his face and saw hurt plastered on his face. I giggled and buried my face in Ariana's neck.

    "Well, it looks like we're going to the store. You're welcome to join us James, but that means you're paying half." So that was his name...James. James's mouth was hanging open as Ariana carried me to the front door.

     He followed us out the door and he closed it behind us, a pout affixed on his face. We approached a large jeep parked out in front of the big house and Arianna fastened me into one of the seats. She got in the passenger side of the car, but there was a steering wheel there. My eyebrows scrunched together and I pointed at it.

    "That's on the wrong side," I said. Ariana looked at me in confusion and James started to laugh.

    "She's from Britain, Ariana. Couldn't you tell from her accent," he forced out. Ariana's mouth formed an 'o' and she looked back and forth between us. After a few seconds she started to laugh with James and I was left in confusion. I pouted and crossed my arms across me chest and looked out of the window (*cough cough* tried *cough*).