Where little boats sail and your own heart fails

-----------------------
James' pov
-----------------------

     "W...what just happened?" Ariana turned to gaze at the unconscious child in the back. My eyes drifted in the same direction, taking in Draven's small, unmoving form. I unbuckled my seatbelt and climbed over the console to the back beside her. Draven twitched and shifted in her seat, a small noise escaping her. I reached out and gently brushed an ebony curl away from her face.

     Draven's body suddenly flinched away from my touch. I jerked my hand back as...things started to crawl under her skin. They squirmed around her face and down her neck where they disappeared under her shirt. Nothing happened for another minute so I took the chance to try and unbuckle her.

    As soon as my hand got close to her, I felt the crippling cold coming off her in waves. The seatbelt was freezing to the touch despite it almost being 80 degrees outside. Gently, I lifted Draven from her seat and into my arms, cradling her head softly.

     I looked towards Ariana in fear when Draven started shivering uncontrollably. Just as suddenly as it started, though, it stopped. Draven was still in my arms and, slowly, the temperature of her body rose to normal, but she remained sickly looking. I closed back jnto the front seat carefully with Draven in my arms. I buckled my seat belt and told Ariana to turn around and go towards the pack hospital.

    It was very tense as we drove back and yet Draven was very still, hardly even breathing and pale as a ghost. Ariana whipped into the parking lot of the hospital and jumped out of her seat and out the door. I did the same and we both sprinted inside the automatic doors.

     Immediately, a doctor was by our side and Draven was pulled out of my arms. I growled in anger, but the doctor only glared.

    "I know you don't want her to be taken away from you, Alpha, but she looks like she's in very bad condition," she said and she immediately turned to bark orders at the nurses around her. Everyone scrambled to follow her orders as they brought Draven to one of the rooms in the back. I was forced to stay in the waiting room as they treated her. Ariana had broken down in one of the chairs and sat with her head jn her hands, sobs racking through her body every few seconds.

     I sat heavily beside her and rubbed circles on her back, anger radiating from me. Anger for once again letting Draven be hurt on my watch.

      "Eina, I'm so sorry. I wish everything had worked out and I could've been there for you and Draven"

-------------------
Anon pov
-------------------

     The air around us was suffocating, but we needed to gather the information that we needed.

    "Who the fuck thinks its okay to be in a place this hot? I feel like I'm going to get heat stroke," growled my partner.

    I turned towards him and slapped the back of his head hard and hissed at him, "Be quiet, you daft idiot! We're trying to spy on the girl and you're going to get us caught."

   He gulped quietly and turned back to look at the hospital in front of us. I did agree with him, however. It was indeed stifling outside and being in these face covers made it that much worse.

   Through the branches of the tree we were in, we could see right inside the hospital windows where two filthy werewolves sat hunched over in their seats. We were unfortunately tasked with watching these filthly creatures and gathering information on the girl in their care. Our employers had recently come knto the knowledge of her lineage and was anxious to get the girl for himself.

    The entire taskforce was aware of her condition and how we were supposed to handle her should we get the chance to take her.

    A small smirk formed on my face as I thought about how useful she would be in taking down the entire filthly race of mutts calling themselves werewolves.

   "This is going to be fun"

-------------------
Draven
-------------------

    Sounds slowly broke through the silence around me and lights cut through my eyelids. I squinted my eyes and looked around me in confusion. White walls, crinkly bed covers and lots of weird machines told me I was in a hospital again.

   Memory of my last hospital visit still made me shiver and i sat up quickly. My room was seemingly empty but when I turned to look beside me, I froze.

   Sitting less than inches from my face was the monster. Before I could scream, it placed a finger to my lips and made a shushing sound. I started in shock as it slowly caressed my hair and my face before it turned and pointed to the window across the room. I looked on in confusion and stared at the.....thing.

     "Escape, little one. Your mothers fate is sealed should you stay here. She needs you....we need you. Break the chain...please help us....break the chain..."

     The words seemingly came from nowhere but I knew it was the thing talking. As suddenly as it appeared it was gone and I was left alone on my hospital bed.

    Tears welled up in my eyes while I thought about my mummy. And I sat there for a while thinking about the monster.

      "It didn't hurt me....maybe its nice? It needs help, it said and so does mummy. I have to help them, but im scared...."

I turned towards my eyes to the door and back to the window, again and again.

   When I heard voices coming down the hall, I made my decision.

    "Mummy needs me"

--------------------------