As long as there's icecream

-----------------------------

Draven's pov

-----------------------------

      "M-mmm...Mummy?" I called. "Mummy?! Are you there?" Everything around me was black. No light. No hope. I could feel myself panic as I remembered what had happened on the plane, but then a little ball of light appeared. It looked like a little sun and when I reached out to touch it......

----------------------------

      I woke up with a jolt in an unfamiliar room. I glanced around the dim room trying to remember how I got there. In front of me, I saw that a door was slightly ajar with light streaming through it. I looked around at the walls, seeing that there were many pictures there, all of the same man with many other people with him.

I started to relax into the bed and felt that I was in a safe place. Suddenly, I felt my body go cold and I shot up into a sitting position just in time to see a shadow shaped like a monster spread across the walls like ink. I shrieked and frantically pulled the blankets off of me causing me to fall out of the bed and onto the floor.

     The lit door opened quickly and a tall man rushed through it, the man from the pictures. He practically ran towards my small body on the ground and picked me up. Instantly, I felt a calming sensation and relaxed into his arms, a safe feeling rushing over me. I snuggled closer towards him and clutched the front of his shirt as I buried my face in his chest, warmth radiating from his body as if he were a heater.

    The man sighed quietly and sat on the bed, his hand reaching up to gently stroke my hair in a comforting way and I closed my eyes in content. We sat like that for a few moments before he said anything.

       "Why did you scream?" He asked me gently. I froze, my eyes snapping open and I started to feel fear bubble up in my chest, over shadowing the calm I had felt just moments ago. It overtook my body and I tensed as I remembered the shadow on the walls. Tears started to well up in my eyes and stream down my face. I gripped harder onto the man's shirt as I started to sob.

    "Shhhhh! No! Don't cry! Shhhhhh!" He said in a comforting voice. I sniffled as he started to rub my back, the calming sensation coming back, driving away my tears and fear. After awhile, I stopped crying. The man continued to hold me and I felt as though I could trust him with all of my secrets, as if nothing was wrong with the world around me. I snuggled closer and closed my eyes once more.

    "Did you see a monster?" He asked. My eyes snapped open and I froze for a second before I nodded. He sighed and held me tighter.

   "You want to tell me about this monster?" I shook my head quickly and gripped onto him more tightly. He shifted around so that he was sitting more comfortably and I hesitantly looked up at his face.

His blue eyes were warm and comforting. He had dark brown hair and tan skin. A comforting aura and warmth radiated from him that made me feel safe, but something about him was familiar. I felt my eyebrows scrunch together in frustration as I tried to figure out why.

    "What's wrong?" He asked. I squinted up at him in frustration and gripped the front of his shirt so that I could pull myself closer to his face. As soon as we were nose-to-nose I stared into his eyes....my eyes....he looked like me! I pulled back quickly and I toppled off of the man's lap onto the floor, hitting my head on the corner of something. I clutched the back of my head in pain and started to cry.

--------------------------

The 'mans' pov (ya'll already know who it is)

-------------------------

     The little girl fell off of my lap and hit her head on an end table beside my bed. I jumped up as soon as she fell and I picked her up. Tears were streaming down her face and she was sobbing while clutching onto the back of her head.

   "Are you okay?!" I shouted in panic. Just a few hours with the child and she's already been hurt.

  'I hope she doesn't have a concussion. What if she does!? Oh, no! I'm a bad parent!' I thought to myself.

'Calm down! She'll be alright. Look! She's already starting to stop crying,' My wolf said.

   Sure enough, when I focused on her face she had almost completely stopped crying, only old tears were on her face while she gave the occasional sniffle. She was staring at me with tear filled eyes, her hands still clutching the back of her head in pain. I hugged her tiny frame closer to mine and started to rock her back and forth to try and calm her further and, eventually, she had stopped sniffling, the tears long gone from her clear baby blue eyes.

  "You're not going to start crying again if I ask you something, will you?" I asked. She shook her head no, making her long brown hair flop into her face. I pushed it behind her ear and felt along the back of her head for a lump, finding a small, but noticeable one.

     "What's your name?" I finally asked. She looked up at the ceiling for a moment then back to my eyes before she whispered out a small word that I couldn't make out.

     "What? What did you say?" I said gently. She whispered again and I still could not hear, so I brought my ear closer to her mouth.

     "D-dwaven..." she said. I pulled my face away from hers and smiled at her, finding her lisp cute. (She doesn't hear this lisp. That's why you haven't heard it before. ^₩^)

     "Well, Draven. Do you wanna go meet some new people? It'll be fun." I said. Her eyes widened with fear and she shook her head quickly, back and forth.

    "You can stay in my arms. It'll be alright." I soothed. Her lip jutted out and formed a pout while she crossed her arms and looked away from me. I sighed and continued to stare at her until her eyes met mine again. As soon as they did, I smiled and caught her off guard. She blinked rapidly and her pout disappeared, but was soon back along with a small glare.

     "I'll give you ice cream," I coaxed. She immediately perked up and looked at me with wide eyes.

    "Weally? Mummy never let me have ice cream until I ate all of my vegibles (this is meant to be misspelled)." She said.

   I smiled at her and nodded my head. She smiled and a dimple appeared on both cheeks.

   "Okay! As wong as there is ice cweam." She said. I laughed and walked towards the bedroom door, opened it carefully and stepped out.

________________________________________