54. Valentine's

y o u r p o v
v a l e n t i n e s d a y e v e

I walked down the rainy streets of Athlone, alone, the night before Valentine's. This time last year, I was in my old apartment, drinking red wine with my now-ex boyfriend. To be fair, it was a shit apartment, with shit wine and I'm happy I left him.
But then the reality hits of having no one to love. And it's that emptiness that consumes every other type of feeling.
My head started to spin and my stomach grew painful.
"Excuse me miss, you look unwell. Are you alright?"
I was caught just as I nearly fainted. By a guy. A guy with glowing green hair and a small but muscular bodily build.
"I-I'm fine." I lied.
"You're really not. Let me take care of you."
This man was honestly beautiful. And I know they say you shouldn't catch feelings through looks; but he had a distinct face. It stuck in my mind and replayed to all the times I'd walked past him on other days. He was rather perfect.
"Look, we've just met but, well I don't really know where to take you other than my place. Only if you're okay with that." He held my hand in his. It was a warming and comforting hold. One I didn't want to break.
"You don't have to take time out of your evening for me. I'm sure you've got a gorgeous wife or girlfriend waiting for you." I said, low-key hoping he was single.
"Ahh, actually no. I've never had a proper relationship." By now, he was tomato red and blushing.
"I'm so rude, I'm (y/n) by the way."
"Seán. Or Jack.. Either works." He giggled.
"Well Jack, lead the way."
Thankfully, he kept my hand in his as we walked together down the wet streets. Not too far away, we reached his front door.
"Excuse the mess, and the cat." He joked. I smiled along, nervous but content.
I entered the lounge and sat. The cat he mentioned earlier jumped into the sofa next to me and purred.
"That's Cleo, she likes her nose rubbed." I did as told and the cat loved it.
Jack met me. Sick in the lounge with two glasses of red wine. I thought about last year but brushed it off. And after hours of talking and laughing, I had to go home.
"But I will see you tomorrow?" He waited in the front door frame.
"Yes, I mean you are my valentine aren't you?"
Jack smiled, once again blushing.
"And you're mine.."

hey kids
sorry ive been missing for ages im not dead
im updating all my valentines things now, as i won't have time monday or tuesday. so consider it my valentines gift to you all x
love you, thank you always ❤️