72. Does This Make Us Copycats?

you

"So Felix and Marzia got engaged. That's pretty neat?" Jack spoke as he wiped the dining table after our meal.
"A proposal in their favourite place seems like the sweetest idea going." I added, agreeing with my boyfriend.
Speaking of favourite places, mine and Jack's was our bedroom. For no particular reason, but it was just our space. It had our belongings, our aroma, it was where we went for our downtime.
"You couldn't help me tidy up our bedroom a little could you?" Jack asked, heading towards the winding staircase.
"Of course."
We reached the room and I plugged my phone into the speakers. I played Strawberries & Cigarettes rather loudly and we began to sing like lunatics.
Jack held a pile of clean underwear to put into the draws but he tripped on the foot of the bed. The garments in the pile flew everywhere and it was only then I turned to face him.
Behind my concern were a few giggles.
"Are you okay?"
"I will be..." Jack propped himself onto one knee and presented a gorgeous diamond ring to me, "If you say yes to marrying me?"
I could only nod as it was impossible for me to speak without bursting into tears. Jack slid the ring on my finger and I helped him up. We engaged in a tight embrace.
My fiancé and I.