The Bottle

Bella knocked on the door to Carlisle's study, "Come in, Bella," Carlsile said.

"Carlisle," Bella smiled, "I'm sorry to interrupt you, but I was wondering..."

"Yes?" Carlisle prompted when Bella trailed off.

"Do you have something that would let me see the future?"

Bella's speech was rushed, but thanks to Carlisle's hearing... ability, he could hear her.

"You would like to see your future?"

"Yes! It's just... well, after Edward left, I just... don't know," she said.

"If you should stay with him?" Carlisle asked, and Bella nodded her head in agreement. "It's okay Bella, after all, you're family and even though he's my son, it's ultimately your decision."

"Thank you, Carlisle! So, do you?"

"Have something? Well, I have Alice, but I take it you mean farther in the future," Carlisle said.

Bella nodded her head and Carlisle opened a drawer on his desk. "Ah, here it is," he said. Then he placed a small bottle on his desk.

"Here, Bella. This stuff doesn't work on vampires, but it should work just fine for you. Depending on how many drinks you take, will be how many futures the bottle will show you. However, if only one future is possible, or if it's set in stone, the drink following it will lead you back to the future you visited last."

Bella thanked Carlisle and grabbed the bottle, "I'll be back when I find out my future, is that okay?"

"Sure thing, Bella. Each one will last four hours!" Carlsile yelled as Bella dashed out the door, eager to discover her future(s).