The Game

Chapter Three: The Game

"Hey do you think they'll win?" Kayce asked as her eyes watched the road.

"It's the Sharks! Of course they'll win!" I smiled reassuring.

I looked out the car window and watched as we passed cars. I was excited to see what the atmosphere would be like. Would it be as fun and exciting as last years? All of these questions popped in my head. I went back to the last game I went to. I suddenly rested my thoughts on the boy I saw a year ago. He was breathtaking. Those piercing blue eyes that made my heart stop. The smile he flashed me as he walked by me. I don't know why his face was still embedded in my mind but I couldn't forget him.

I felt sick to my stomach. The moment I started thinking about love and boyfriends it reminded me of my past. I felt as though my heart had gained some hope and then my memories just slapped them down. I was always so trusting and open. That was my biggest weakness. I believed people when they said they were telling the truth.

"You okay there Arabella?" Kayce asked dragging me back to reality.

"Huh? Yah, I'm okay just thinking." I said with a shrug.

"You're thinking about Luke aren't you?" she asked with a frown.

The moment she said his name my heart stopped. I wanted to cry.

"Something like that." I said almost in a whisper.

"I know how much he hurt you Arabella. You have to get over him. He doesn't deserve an amazing girl like you. Besides maybe you'll meet some hot Sharks fan!" she smiled and giggled at the thought.

I smiled. Kayce was always so cheerful. She knew exactly what to say to make me feel like everything was going to be okay. Though as much as I love her I knew I would be letting myself down believing in such unrealistic things. I looked outside the window again an realized we were parking near the stadium. Time really does fly.

Kayce practically screamed when we got out of the car. I laughed at her but I admired her excitement. I pulled our tickets out of my bag and handed them to Kayce. I walked into the bag checking line an once they were done looking through my bag I met inside with Kayce. We got our tickets approved and started heading to our seats. Along the way we must have missed our entrance and got lost. I was distracted as I was looking at the labeled numbers when I ran into something and fell down.

"Ow!!" I yelled.

I looked up to see what I ran into when I found that I ran into a guy. He was about my age and man was he gorgeous.

"I am so sorry!! I didn't see you there, I was looking for my seat and I wasn't paying attention." He justified himself quickly.

"It's okay. I'm..." I stopped in mid sentence.

It was him. I knew those piercing blue eyes. Those eyes that looked right through me. My heart stopped.

"Are you sure?" he asked with concern written all over his face.

I snapped out of my trance and bent down to grab the tickets that fell from both of our hands.

"Yes I'm okay. I should have been paying attention as well." I said as I handed him his ticket.

I could feel Kayce's curiosity from beside me. The guy just smiled at me and apologized once more before going along his way to find his seat.

"What was that?" Kayce asked.

I ended up explaining to Kayce what had happened last year. She got all excited and squealed.

"That's so romantic Arabella! Come on that is totally fate!" she ranted on.

I rolled my eyes. Fate? Fate is just something we use so we don't have to explain the reason of things.

"Hey I found our seats!" I yelled to Kayce.

We sat down in our seats and started to talk. I noticed something different about my ticket. The seating number was different!

"Kayce, what's your seating number?" I asked slowly.

"Sections 118, Row 5, Seat 7." she read off her ticket.

Oh no!! I must have given him my ticket on mistake!!

"Arabella? Everything okay?" she asked cautiously.

"No, I handed that guy my ticket!" I squeaked in astonishment.

How could this be? I swear I gave him his ticket. Now I have to find him and give him his ticket!

"I told you it was fate!!" Kayce said excitedly.

I rolled my eyes and got up.

"Where are you going??" Kayce said in a shocked voice.

"I have to get my ticket back." I stated.

"I'll be back alright! Don't worry!" I smiled an started on my journey to find this guy.

I looked at the ticket once more and I saw a name in the corner. Dylan Andrews. That was his name! Dylan Andrews. I liked the ring to it. I smiled as I went through the crowd of rushing fans trying to find their own seats.

Dylan's POV~~~~~

That girl. She was beautiful. I remember those gorgeous hazel eyes anywhere. She was the same girl that caught my eyes last year. I remember her smiling at me and how my heart leaped in response. After that day I always thought about her.

"Dylan? Man are you even paying attention?" my best friend Scott said in annoyance.

"Yah sorry man, continue." I said trying to come back to reality.

I didn't stop touching my ticket. She had touched it. Those tiny hands that felt cold to the touch as she handed me my ticket. I looked at my ticket. Wait! That's not my ticket! Oh no! She gave me her ticket on accident!

"Shit!" I muttered.

"What's wrong?" Scott asked concerned.

"That girl I ran into, I think she gave me her ticket." I explained.

"Wait the same girl you saw a year ago at this same place?" Scott asked confused.

I nodded silently. Scott knew all about this mystery girl. She was all I would talk about for months. I think he almost felt emotionally attached to my dilemma.

"Dude!! This could be it! Your chance to finally meet her!" He said as he grabbed the ticket out of my hand.

"Arabella Hennor is her name." Scott read off the ticket.

Arabella. Such a beautiful name for such a beautiful girl. I smiled at the thought of her name.

"Man you gotta make sure she gets her ticket back!" Scott sighed.

"Alright, I'll be right back!" I jumped up and grabbed the ticket.

I was literally unable to contain my excitement. I was going to see her again. This was my chance. To actually do something this time instead of just smile and walk by her. This time I would do my best to make her mine.