PACK YO BAGS

"She's down here, I'm sure of it!" Raoul's voice echoed in the Phantom's lair as he, Madame Giry and Miss Meg were searching for Christine.

"Why would she, Monsieur?" asked Meg as innocently as she could. "He died, months ago. Shortly after you left."

"Maybe she just went to, I don't know, experience flashbacks? To relieve our history? The day she decided she was truly-- CHRISTINE!" She was curled up on the foggy floor, with his mask clutched by her chest, asleep.

"I told you she was here!" Raoul yelled arrogantly and hurried to his fiancée. He moved her hair so he could see her face, which was soaked wet from tears. He clapped two times, waking her up.

"R-raoul?"

"Yes, my dear," he said, helping her get up. "We were looking for you. It's almost time for our wedding!"

The mention of that sacred 'holiday' of union sent shivers down her spine, as she remembered how she plotted on turning him down. "Come now, we must go."

He helped her get up and noticed the mask in her head.  As did Meg and Madame Giry, who were very discreetly *or is it discretely* glancing around looking for him.

"Is it his?" Meg asked curiously. Christine nodded weakly.

"So he really is gone," added Raoul, half-whispering. A moment of silence followed, broken by Raoul. "Well then there isn't much we can do, but celebrate! We're free Christine!" He pulled her into a tight hug, yet all she could think about was how different it felt from his.

The preparations for the wedding were soon here. Christine decided to marry Raoul. Maybe she loved him, maybe she didn't, but she could most certainly learn to.

So hours later, there they were standing, right after they said their I do's, sharing their first kiss as husband and wife, when suddenly they heard horrifying screams and the flames surrounded them.

////

Meg and Madame Giry were running on the pier, getting closer to the hooded man, lurking in the shadows.

"DAMN YOU!" screamed Madame Giry, gaining his attention. "YOU EVIL CREATURE HOW DARE YOU?!  WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? DESTROYING OUR OPERA AGAIN!"

The man seemed confused, as if he didn't know what they were talking about. The women reached him and Meg grabbed his wrist. "HOW DARE YOU! YOU EVIL MONSTER HOW COULD YOU! WAS THIS ALWAYS PART OF YOUR PLAN?!"

"What are you talking about?" Erik asked blankly.

"THE FIRE!" Meg shrieked.

"The fire?"

"You didn't set the Opera on fire?" asked Madame Giry, confused.

"Of course not! Why would I? It's my home."

"Then what's the suitcase for?" asked Meg suspiciously.

"Selling my stuff," answered the Phantom.

"Well you can just keep it now," said Madame Giry. "The Opera's burned to the ground. Perhaps even to you lair."

Thanks to the hood, Meg and Madame didn't see the shock on his face. "What are we to do now, mother?" cried Meg.

"We haven't got much of a choice," said her mother. "There won't be one person in France not looking for a man with deformed face. We must run."

"We?" asked Erik.

"Of course!" Meg exclaimed and excitedly grabbing his hand.  "We've helped you survive these last few months, we can't just let you die now, can we?"

"We leave now," said Madame Giry quickly.

"But where do we go?" asked the curious Meg.

"America."

OKAY BUT THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL REALLY BE 10 YEARS LATER I PROMISE