HEH.....

Christine was so shocked that she almost forgot to breathe for a brief moment. She didn't think he'd say yes. She counted on him, saying no, she even hoped he will. She didn't want to be the strict mother and say no to her child immediately, that's why she suggested to ask Erik. If she knew he'd approve to Gustave's request she'd never agree.

(what you just read was a hot mess but keep in mind that i haven't slept in three days for more than three hours a night ^·^)

The mirror on the wall opened and fog filled the room. "Can momma come?" Christine heard her son ask.

"No, Madame de Chagny must practice. She has forgotten how to sing!"

Gustave's face, barely visible through the fog seemed offended. "My mother sings beautifully!" he said.

"You haven't heard her really sing before, trust me," replied Erik with a half-smirk.

"Oh, and you have?" Gustave's rebellious 10-year-old side was showing.

Erik gave him a sad smile, but no reply, as he pulled him closer to the mirror and they slipped in, leaving Christine and the rest of the world behind, stepping into a new dimension of freaks, magic and darkness.

Gustave looked around, completely amazed by what he saw. The freaks, whose eye contact other shivered of, enchanted him. Mister Y showed him his secret corridors and chambers, even the labyrinth of mirrors. He was surprised to see that the little boy found his way out, like no other ever has. He started getting suspicious.

How odd those boy's eyes were. Just ten years old... Smart like the man, who had build the labyrinth.

SHUT UP U FOP Erik scolded himself in his mind. THIS CAN'T BE.

Yet he couldn't resist the urge for a tiny test. "Follow me," he said with his mysterious voice and led Gustave to his most secret room, hoping he didn't leave his real-size Christine doll lying *or laying* on the floor.

He held his breath and opened the door, thanking the God. The room was cleaned up. He hadn't remembered when he cleaned it up, but he was grateful that he did. Gustave entered the room, hid jaw dropped, when he saw the enormous organ rising through the fog.

"Can I? Can I?" he asked, jumping up and down.

Erik was surprised. "You may," he said. "But do you know how to?"

Gustave blushed. "Don't tell Papa," he pleaded. He didn't wait for the answer. He hurried off to the organ sat down and started playing. He used one hand, and it wasn't very well, but the thing that most surprised Mister Y, was the melody. It was familiar. He would recognize it anywhere, anytime.

"How do you know that song?" he asked, a bit more strictly than he wanted it to sound.

"I... I don't know," Gustave said, shaking from fear.

"Did your mother ever sang you this song?" he demanded. He did doubt it a bit. Why would Christine sing Music of the Night to her child. A child she didn't share with Erik.

Gustave shook his head. "Papa never allowed her to sing... He said he doesn't want anything to remind him of... Well I don't really know his name, they never mention it. All I know is that he was a man, who had caused great pain to my parents."

Erik flinched.

"Maybe... Maybe it's time for you to leave," he suggested.

Gustave wasn't happy at that idea. "No, please Mister Y. I like it here!"

"Hm... Perhaps you can stay a bit longer. Now tell me something about your parents," he said. If the kid was going to be hanging out with him, he might as well give him insights of the De Chagny family life.

"Well," started Gustave. "They fight a lot."

"Do they hit each other?" he asked.

Gustave thought about it for a moment.  "Only when papa comes from the bar."

"Does that happen often?" Erik felt like a psychiatrist, but it was the only way to find out things.

"Few times a week," said Gustave.

Then Erik had enough and he changed the subject. He gave Gustave food and they spend the rest of the day talking, figuring out how much they havw in common. Even though the child was Raoul's, Erik couldn't help, but to love him.

"Hey Gustave," he started. "We're like friends now right?"

The child giggled. "Yes," he said. "Yes we are!"

"Can I call you Gustie?"

Gustave hesitated. "Can I see your face?"