RERIK/ERAOUL REUNION

Christine couldn't sleep that night. She went through all the possibilities of what can happen, not liking any of them.

When she found out she was free to sing once again, right after Raoul gambled all of their money, she was happy, just because she could sing. But with the new offer, she would be able to sing his song. And his songs were truly magnificent. When singing his music, she felt joy, pain and rage. She felt what he felt and nothing ever felt better than singing his songs.

And yet she was terrified. Terrified of what would happen if Raoul found out about their host's identity. Terrified of falling into his trap.

He kills without a thought, he murders all that's good, she reminded herself.

He killed so many people, their dreams. He murdered her love for him. She will never love him again.

////

Raoul has woken up long after Christine and Gustave have unpacked. He sat down, with a cup of whiskey, his hand resting on his face.

"Papa!" Gustave yelled excitedly. "Come play with me!"

"Not now, Gustave," he said. "I'm tired." He gulped down the whiskey and went to refill the glass.

"Raoul," Christine said with a harsh and strict voice, she almost never used. "I'm pretty sure that won't help, Raoul." He looked at her and put the glass away.

"Fine, then," he said like a little child. He looked around at the hotel room, noticing a few pages filled with notes. It looked unfamiliar, very not like the music Christine was to sing. "What's that?" he asked and picked it up.

"I would've told you already if you'd let me," she said. She glanced at Gustave, who was patiently playing with his new toy, not paying attention to his parents at all. "Yesterday, when you... were gone, a man came," she started. She's going to tell him the truth. He loves her. He'll understand. She was about to tell him everything and he's going to understand.

"A man?!" Raoul growled. "CHRISTINE YOU ARE MINE! YOU ARE MINE AND MINE ONLY! DO YOU UNDERSTAND!?"

Christine's determination faded. "It wasn't like that, Raoul! Just listen!"

"He offered more money, if I sing this aria."

Raoul thought about it for a moment.

"Alright then," he said calmly. They really needed the money.

Christine was happy to hear the news. "That's great! The show's in a week. And I've got to confirm my appearance to Mr. Y. Would you take care of Gustave?"

Raoul groaned. "I don't know, Christine. I'm very tired. Why don't we all go meet this Mister Y?"

Christine nervously bit her lip. If Raoul would go with her, he'd find out about Mister Y's identity. "Oh, I don't know, Raoul," she started. "I think I am to practice, and you two would be quite bored..."

"I want to meet him!" Gustave suddenly yelled.

"See? It's decided then," said Raoul, standing up. "Let me fetch my cloak."  He stood up and walked to the door, glancing at Christine. "You could cover yourself a bit more, Christine," he said. "We don't want the man to see too much of you, now do we?" he said, winking at her.

Little did he know, that 'the man' had seen it all already.

When one of Erik's servants or employees or whoever that freak was, led them down to the backstage, where practice for the concert had already begun, Raoul was already complaining.

"Look at them Christine. They're all freaks!" He kept repeating. "They remind me of him, Christine," he said. His wife froze.

"Don't say that Raoul," she said, trying to sound like he just said something very stupid. How did she think he was this dumb? Of course he'll figure it out!

Suddenly she saw a woman her age, with a familiar curly blonde hairstyle. She was turned towards a few other dancers, so Christine couldn't see her face. But it couldn't be... She was overreacting. Seeing Erik made her imagination fly and now she dreamed of seeing Meg as well. But what a coincidence would it be if Meg was here, at the same park that Erik owned.

She quickly shook the thought out of her head, but then the girl turned around. Christine couldn't keep it to herself anymore, the girl looked too much like her best friend. "Meg?" she said quite loudly. Meg turned to face her and when she saw who she was facing, she seemed surprised, confused and excited.

"Christine!" she exclaimed. "Is it really you?" They ran into each other's hug. They stood there, in a hug for a few moments, before releasing each other.

"That's Gustave," Christine explained when she saw Meg's confused look. "My son."

They started talking and catching up and telling Gustave stories of the Opera and stories from when they were his age. Meanwhile Raoul found an old friend at the other side of the room as well.

"Madame?" he asked, surprised.

"Oh no," she said.

"What's wrong, Madame Giry? Are you not hapoy to see us?"

"I am, dear old friend. Believe me. But... I may not be the only one." That confused Raoul much more than any math equation or Christine ever did.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Mister Y," she said, carefully glancing around. "It's... Him."

It took Raoul a few moments to process the news. Him. The man he and Christine have been hiding from for 10 years. He suddenly shows up? What will he do? He has to protect Christine, their child. He started plotting how to convince Christine not to sing for him, when a thought came upon his mind.

"Christine!" he yelled across the room. She stood up, shaking.

"Raoul... Don't shout," she said.

He flew across the room, stabding inches away from her face, his head was burning of rage. "This Mister Y," he said, slowly breathing in and out. "Have you met him?"

Before her mind could warn her, she said, "Of course. He brought me the --"

That was all Raoul needed to hear. His hand smacked her cheek. The noise it made was so loud that the entire room shut up. At least Raoul thought it was this that made them shut up. He grabbed Christine's wrist, not really caring who might see it and what they will think and started to pull her towards the door. She was trying to get away, scared of what might happen once they'll be alone, when a big shadow rose up behind her husband.

"Get. Your. Hands. Off." A strong, vibrating voice half-whispered, half-yelled at Raoul and he let go off her arm immediately, Gustave running to her, hugging her tightly.

He turned to face the shadow. "You!" he yelled at him. Comparing to Erik's, his voice sounded screeching and girlish.

"Should we take this party somewhere a bit more private?" the Phantom suggested, opening the door.

That was one long-ass chapter sorry bout that
Comment and vote? Xx