Mate of Honor ch. 6

Sorry it took so long but you cannot rush a good story. Hope yall like it, you know I like it when you tell me what you thought.... hint, hint. nah no pressure.. maybe just a little. Anyways- Enjoy! :)

If you are thinking this is to slow, that is because I'm trying extremely hard not to rush through this story. I like it this way. I already have 38 pages on word and the story has barely begun. :D

           Roxie was surrounded with no escape. Holding her head in her hands trying to ward off a migraine from the bright colors around her did no good. There was nothing but flowers, everywhere, and three giddy women fluttering around in all directions. Miranda gave Roxie a sympathetic glance patting the girl’s shoulder as she passed holding a bouquet of flowers. Day three in the town and they were already diving into wedding plans. First thing on the list, flowers.

            “Rosie, darling, what do you think of these colors?” Miranda asked holding up the arrangement of red and white flowers. “While it is a Christmas wedding I don’t think you want red and green do you?”

            Rosie shook her head transfixed now on the bouquet touching the flower petals with the tips of her fingers. “I love the red and white idea. Maybe a snowy theme with red accents…”

            “Snowy?” Questioned Roxie, lifting her head to glance at her twin and ask, “Is that even a word?”

            “Yes,” Rosie retorted throwing a fallen flower bud at Roxie. “You know one day you’ll be planning your own wedding and you won’t want me being a Debby downer.”

            Roxie sighed audibly, “I’m never getting married.”

            This caused the third woman of the bunch of four, Josie, to pause. “Do you really mean that?”

            Roxie mentally kicked herself for forgetting she was in the presence of her “mate’s” mother. “Yes, Mrs. Armoon, I mean that.”

            “It’s Josie, dear, and I do hope you change your mind on that. Whatever has set you so against love cannot be worth dwindling on for a life time.”

            Rosie nodded taking the red flowers from the bouquet and adding them to a different grouping of white flowers. “Oh… this, this is perfect.” She giggled spinning around and walking as if down the aisle holding the flowers in her hands. “What do you think Roxie?”

            “I think I still haven’t given my approval of this whole thing…” Roxie trailed off seeing the look of dismay on her sister’s face. “But the flowers look beautiful. You’ll completely outshine them though, of course.”

            Rosie smiled brighter than the sun handing off the flowers to Miranda who went to talk to the florist while Rosie gripped Roxie in a lung squeezing bear hug. “You are so sweet Rocks.”

            “Sweet and sour, now get off.” Roxie laughed pushing Rosie away with a roll of the eyes. Josie smiled at the two, silently wishing for the day Roxie would accept the mating. Roxie had been completely ignoring Hunter for the last few days. Any time he tried to talk to her she simply ignored his existence and continued on doing her own thing. She was stubborn, completely set against being with Hunter. Looking at her Josie could see a darker haired version of herself at that age, just finding out she was Noah’s mate and not wanting to be tied down at all.

            Roxie watched Rosie flutter around, a classic nervous bride filled with happiness and excitement. There wasn’t a hint of doubt in her features as she and the two older women laughed over flowers. They weren’t finding anything that Rosie found absolutely perfect for her yet. Roxie sighed smiling slightly when Rosie threw her a panicked look. She couldn’t help it, her eyes roamed around the flower shop locking onto to several pieces. Despite her objections to the whirlwind wedding and werewolves, Roxie was excited to be helping plan her sister’s wedding, excited her sister was getting married in general.