Mate of Honor ch. 20

... yeah I have a feeling yall might not like this chapter... lol enjoy :)

oh and this story WILL be finished by October 31st if it kills me. so there should be more uploads... that's all :) enjoy the chapter. I already have the next one planned out ;D

          Rosie squirmed on the couch, her eyes continuously darting to look at the clock. Ethan’s arm weighed heavily on her shoulder instead of comfortingly. Nearly more than anything she wanted to walk away from him and sit alone for a few hours to think. Yet, despite the face he was treating her rather coldly for not telling him about her dream; he still wouldn’t let her leave his side. Since the moment she’d stopped crying and gotten up he’d followed right at her heels.

            She needed to blow off steam, to get a moment alone and he obviously needed to go for a long run in the woods. Leaning into him slightly she let out a groan of annoyance when he leaned away lightly. The volume on the TV went higher and Rosie grit her teeth. The moment the plastic controller hit the table she lunged for it. Ethan let her grab it though his hand twitched.

            Pausing the show before the actors could shout the name ‘Roxie’ one more time. “Is Chicago really the only thing you want to watch right now?” Rosie swore the whispers and yells of ‘Roxie’ on screen were copy sounds of her dream. The video drove her crazy as the screen flashed by faces before they could focus making a sea of blurred reporters’ faces before her. The nightmare was already prominent enough in her mind. The only thing competing for her thoughts now she knew Roxie was coming back was that Ethan and she were in their first fight. A headache was growing behind her eyes as she turned on the couch, moving out from his arm and looking at his profile.

            “It’s a good movie,” Ethan grumbled staring at the paused scene, the face blurred halfway through a camera move so the faces of a dozen blurred reporters stared back like vengeful demons. “Nice pausing.”

            Rosie ignored the last comment. “It’s a chick flick.”

            He sparred her a glance, one brow raised. “That could be argued.”

            She took advantage of her position to hit him as hard as she could on the shoulder. He wasn’t fazed in the slightest and for some reason that made her even more angry. “What is wrong with you,” She yelled, not caring who in the house heard. If they knew what was good for them they’d stay out of it.

            “Nothing, what’s wrong with you,” he replied in a mocking tone that made her feel as if he’d slapped her.

            Staring at him for a long minute with wide eyes she said, “You want a list or something?”

            His eyes turned dangerously cold. “There’s not much I don’t know.” He looked at her with an angry expression she’d never seen before. For a short second she felt a flash of fear shoot through her. “Or is there? Roxie isn’t the only one keeping secrets is she? Just how many are you keeping?”

            Rosie didn’t know whether to cry or to scream. “I don’t keep secrets from you. I didn’t even know my sister was keeping secrets from me.” She tried to keep her voice even as she spoke but was having a hard time doing so. “How dare you accuse me of keeping secrets from you!”

            “But you are, you won’t tell me what’s bothering you. You won’t let me in.”

            “And?  I don’t have to tell you every little thought in my head!” Rosie yelled receiving a warning look from Ethan she promptly ignored. “I’ve let you in on everything about me. I’ve told you every little detail of my life that I knew! What more do you want from me?”