Mate of Honor Ch. 7

So sorry about the length of time it took to finally upload. I've had a smidge of block when it came to this story the past few weeks and with Beyond Sacrifice coming to an end soon I'm trying to finish it, then full devotion goes to MOH and you can count on that. For now I'll try to get back to uploading evey week, and pretty please vote and comment since I put MOH up for watty awards 2012! It would be a dream to win even rising, oh and happy Easter to yall who celebrate it! Enjoy the new chapter!!! :D

The café was a quaint little place on the corner. Rosie and Roxie sat at a small metal white table made of thin leaf and flower patterns matching the high backed chairs. Tall glasses of sweet tea sat in front of them capturing Roxie’s gaze as she twirled a thin spoon around in the glass watching the ice bump the sides.

            “Roxie, what are you doing?” Rosie muttered, head in one hand, elbow on the table. Her eyes were constantly moving searching the nearby area for Ethan.

            “Distracting myself,” she replied with a sigh. “They are late.”

            “It’s only been five minutes since we got here and we got here ten minutes early.”

            Roxie huffed rolling her eyes, “Well then these mates of ours should be fifteen minutes early.”

            Rosie glanced over at Roxie in shock. “Did you just refer to the guys as ‘these mates of ours’?”

            Roxie looked up to glare at her twin who had now given her full attention. “Yes I did, but in a mostly sarcastic manor. It is a fact is it not? No matter how I feel about the whole thing its true… right?”

            Rosie nodded eagerly, a small smile fighting its way onto her face. “I think you are on the right track. Now that you’re off this negative mindset I think-,” Roxie raised the spoon from the glass flicking water at her sister cutting off the rest of her thought.

            “Quit it. I have never been on a negative mindset. I’m just on a denying mindset. I don’t want this.”

            Rosie sighed, sitting back in her chair. “Then what do you want Roxie? I don’t understand why all of this is so horrible.”

            Roxie took a long sip of her tea before answering, “I want a normal life.”

            “Define normal,” Rosie retorted. “Is normal working all day and doing night school all night, never sleeping, never having enough money to survive? Is normal the life we grew up in? Or is normal some boring old life of meeting an okay guy, getting married, living in an okay house, having okay children, and then just being plain and boring for forever. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that kind of normal, but when you find out that werewolves freaking exist and the whole world isn’t what you thought than the ‘great American dream life’ suddenly becomes really boring and plain and ‘okay’. A few weeks ago that okay everything life sounded like heaven, and it would have been just that, but now…. Roxie we are finally being given the life we were deprived of, the love we never got. So define normal and tell me what you want.”

            “I want to... I want to go home. I want to wake up tomorrow and find out that I’ve been dreaming. Rosie, you got your wild years, you learned about people and emotion and love and living. I… I just want to feel safe and secure and independent. I don’t like depending on anyone. I’ve worked too hard to be able to take care of myself to have someone else step in and think I’m there’s.”