Post 2 - Brutal Fight

The metal clad giant landed on the ground on his back, with the green monstrosity's tusks stickying out only a hand away from his face. Ryu could not imagine how the human giant could still not be shattered after the terrible bodily impact of the green hulk and the crash into the tree, but the giant not only survived the crush but was still lightning quick in grabbing the left tusk of the monster with his free right hand and giving a mighty twist and pull. The tusk came out with a sickening belching sound, forcing the monster to howl with agony.

The giant reversed his grip on the tusk and with a vicious snarl stabbed the monster in the eye, jamming the tusk point first into its eye socket. Then the monster knew real pain and started thrashing around. Panting heavily, it stopped to grab the tusk and pulled, pulling out its gored eye and red tissue along.

Ryu was frozen like a stone and his brain was having difficulty in registering what he was witnessing. That the fearsome creature could still be alive stunned him. While he was watching the green hulk stop and pull out its own tusk from his eye, the metal clad giant had risen from the ground and heaved the huge tree under his right arm! While his opponent was still dazed from the normally fatal blow, he let out a mighty roar and swung the tree in a wide arc towards the green hulk. As the thing raised its head, the last thing it saw was the dark brown bark of a tree coming directly at its face. Tree connected with head in a sickening crunch, throwing the monster flying to its side, passing over Ryu's head and crumbling to the ground in a shapeless heap.

Opening his eyes he had closed the moment the green monster started flying towards him, Ryu hesitantly turned his head to look at the fallen beast.

It was lying on its chest, right arm sticking out from its body at a right angle, left arm pinned under its own body and head facing left. Its eyes were closed and it was impossible to tell whether it was breathing or not.

Then Ryu heard the heavy steps behind. All animals had fled this area of savagery, as if fleeing a natural disaster and thus the heavy boots thumping on and crunching the foliage was the sole sound reaching Ryu's ears. Flinching, afraid that any moment a blow from that massive gauntlet could bash his head, Ryu turned around and looked up into the steel blue eyes of the human giant boring down into him.

The giant was easily a chest and a head taller than Ryu and seemed capable of unleashing instant violence. Although what stood before him was an extremely intimidating figure, the well-bred warrior in Ryu kicked in and he decided he would not cower before this giant as he had not before countless beasts he had faced in the past. A warrior should die a warrior. He tightened his grip on his sword and took back a step flowing into his guarding stance.

The giant had not moved at all. He leaned down slowly and sniffed at Ryu. Then he rose up and turned to the fallen green monster. Ryu was relieved but also felt slighted, the giant had considered him for a second and then disregarded him as a possible threat, to turn his attention to his fallen opponent.