Post 13 - Fear of the Unknown

Everything about the Mentor exuded relaxation and calmness. Keira could almost see an aura around her, shimmering lightly to one’s eyes. Her long jet black hair fell down to her chest, smoothly flowing over her shoulders. Her face had a delicate bone structure, exhibiting thin and long bones under her serene face. She generally looked aloof, at times even indifferent, through here upward slanted eyes.

The Mentor did not speak but Keira’s brain registered her words as if spoken aloud and so Keira heard the Mentor in her head.

“Welcome Keira, I’ve been expecting you.”

Keira was not surprised that the Mentor knew she was already coming, not surprised anymore. There didn’t seem to be happening anything in their small world, without the Mentor knowing about it. She took a deep breath and walked towards the Mentor, to sit at the unoccupied chair.

“Good morning dear Mentor. How are you today?”

“Thank you my dear. I’m fine, but you did not come here to inquire about my well being. So I’m listening to you.”

“I felt a strange occurrence today, while I was meditating. I mean, I had felt similar things before, tremors happen all the time in the earth, but they are always accompanied by a fracture of the land, no matter how small. But this time…”

While Keira was fumbling for words, the Mentor fed in:

“This time, you felt no fracture, at all, just an ongoing, faint tremor. Not of the land, but in the land.”

Keira sat there, with an acknowledging look in her eyes and a small nod. The Mentor kept her quiet for a while, as if mulling over what and how to impart more information to Keira, about what was happening. She cast a look at Keira, as if trying to assess whether she was ready to understand whatever it was she was going to say. Not only her next words were considerably threatening, but the Mentor’s aura turned darker and disquieting, to Keira’s eyes:

“From the day I came to your world, Keira, I was on a self-proclaimed mission. My existence here had a purpose that transcends the existence of all the life combined on this planet and now what you have felt is a precursor to ill tidings, to a danger that is a threat to the life itself. You must go to your village, gather the village council and convey them my instructions to gather all your people and wait, ready to move immediately, on my further notice. All the able bodied men and women must be armed. This must be done without delay.”

This was definitely not something Keira could have expected, even at the slightest bit. She sat struck for a moment, unable to do anything. Then, as she opened her mouth to speak, to let out a torrent of questions, the Mentor raised her hand:

“Not now, Keira. Now is the time for obedience to me with utmost urgency and accuracy. Go, do as I say. Before long, you’ll receive my further instructions. Go now!”

Hastily Keira, stood back from the chair, tripping it in the process. Backed away a couple of steps, her eyes on the Mentor’s eyes, seeing the storm in them. Then she turned and ran out of the place, rushing towards her village.