Post 11 - Chosen of the Mentor

There was also the fact that, she had to admit to herself, she was innately afraid of that vast presence. She was afraid that should she exceed the boundaries of her world, she would be exposed to that being. Thus she was constantly torn between her aspiration to learn more of that spirit world and her fear of the unknown.

Life was not easy for her. Chosen of the Elder Mentor, she had to assume the task of carrying her will and judgement over the governing matters to village council. That meant less of enjoying life and more responibilities. Still, she could not complain of the authority and respect her position brought her.

Exhaling slowly, she came out of her meditation. She felt with a regret, as in each time, the dulling of her senses, the dwinling of her far-senses. Taking a few deep breaths, she stood up, gathered her things into her backpak and started the hike back to her village. But she would first go to the Elder Mentor to seek her guidance about the distant tremor in the land that she had felt during meditating. It was not like one caused by an earthquake for with that one she would have also felt the fracture on the integrity of the land. No, this tremor was not caused by the land itself and she was curious what the cause could be.