Post 10 - Keira

The season was turning to mild spring, her favorite season. Soon all the snow would melt from the peaks and the already bolder streams would start gushing down the mountain sides in waterfalls. Invigorated by the strong rivers then, the dormant landscape would awaken from its slumber and blossom into a vibrant picture teeming with life.

The crisp, fresh air blowing down from the snow capped peaks filled her lungs with energy, helped her meditate. The wind filtered the air through the aspens and the apple trees, giving it a sweet aroma. Sturdy oaks stood as sentinels, towering over the valley, anchoring the beauty of the land.

Keira felt one with the land. The subterranean streams were her blood, the trees were her lungs, the crawlers were her fingers, the rhythm of the life was her heartbeat, and... that vast existence she could not yet name. It was always there, manifest, invisible to the mind but evident to the senses. She had stopped trying to reach that being with her mind, a long time ago. Instead she would bask in its existence, feel the comfort offered by its ever-presence.

She would come here, to her favorite spot and meditate for hours, feel her awareness of the land grow with more practice, the limits of her area of far-sense expanding slowly. Her teacher, had told that with enough practice and openness of her inner self, she would one day feel the whole of Aorullu and transcend the boundaries of this world even. Such a thing was inconceivable for Keira, yet. Maybe it was because she was content to be one with the land that she did not feel the urge to reach beyond. Maybe her mind had not matured to that level, yet. After all, she was only 23 and did not feel so mature herself.

Fate of Aorullu, A Warhammer 40K Fan FictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara