Good Times

Sometimes it's strange to think back to when you met someone, and have no memory of it, like they had always been part of your life for as long as you could remember... Other times you can remember it as vividly as what could have happened to you just moments ago.

Being able to reminisce when thinking about things- not just how you met someone, or when you heard a certain song for the first time, or even when you fell in love, is nice. This is kind of about remembering all of those things at once.

°°°°°°°°°°°°

I sat on my bed, sketching out some logo designs when my phone began to ring, interrupting me from my thoughts. Glaring at the distracting little screen, a smile quickly came to my face when I noticed that the caller ID read 'Olli.'

"Hey!" I answered excitedly, thrilled to be hearing from my friend so soon.

"Hello, Lucy," he said happily. "How are you?" he asked, his accent clinging to his words.

"I'm good, how are you?"

"I'm great- well, not great," he corrected himself, "but I'm okay."

"Yeah, I heard about the divorce... I'm really sorry, Olli," I said sincerely.

"Hey, it happens. Better things will come... Anyway, I didn't call to be sad; I called to see what you were doing tonight."

"Tonight? Nothin', just drawing up some logos and stuff," I said nonchalantly, holding the phone between my ear and shoulder as I continued to sketch and shade.

"Well, then perhaps you wouldn't mind coming to a club to hang out with me and Pepe."

"Wait, you guys are here?" I asked, dropping my pencil and sitting up straighter.

"Yeah," he said with a laugh. "We wanted to surprise you, after all, you did have a birthday recently."

"I did, and luckily for you guys, I'm free," I said, trying to contain my excitement. "Where were you guys thinking of going?" I asked, glancing at the clock.

"The Viper Room," he said loudly, trying to be heard over the background noise. "Pepe, shut up!" he yelled off to the side. "Sorry, I didn't catch it if you said anything; dude's being obnoxious," he said with a chuckle.

"I didn't say anything yet, but if I did, it would be, 'what time?'"

"Mmm, maybe, like," he thought for a moment and mumbled something in Finnish. "Eight thirty?"

"Sounds like a deal."

"Alright; we'll meet you there," he said.

"Okay, see you soon," I replied happily before hanging up.

After about an hour, I got up and opened my closet with a sigh, looking for something to wear. I decided on some leather leggings and a rose colored off the shoulder top, and set to work on my hair and makeup.

°°°°°°

"Hey, Lucy- oh, you look nice," my dad said, looking up from his phone as I headed down the stairs. "Where are you going?" he asked, pulling on one of my curls.

"The Viper Room; Olli and Pepe wanted me to meet them there," I said with a smile, brushing his hand away.

"Olli and Pepe?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at the names.

"You know Olli and Pepe," I reassured with a laugh. "Remember, the Finns?"

"Oh yeah! The two weird dudes-"

"They're no weirder than you, Taime," I said pointedly.

"Fair enough," he said, rising his hands in surrender. "What time do you think you'll be back?" he asked me as I put on my shoes.